28 December 2016

Gifts Sent

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope I can remember who I sent these to, my note taking has been something of a non-event this year.

The RAKs were sent to Marilyn (no blog) and Kathy.

 
Left:  Peace - La Comtesse and Le Point de Croix.
40ct Antique White Newcastle Linen.
Used DMC 304.
 
Right:  Heart of Christmas - From the Heart ~ Needleart by Wendy.
32ct Flax Belfast linen.
Used DMC threads.
 
-oOo-

For Kathy (no blog). Kathy contacted me earlier in the year as she was downsizing her stash and she had some Drawn Thread charts that needed a new home, so she thought of me. How kind and thoughtful so Kathy was on my list of gift recipients for the year. I made a small pillow ornament.


 
Believe in Christmas - Samplers Not Forgotten.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Used DMC alternatives.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Preview Issue August 2015.
 
-oOo-
 
For June. I think this is Prairie Schooler-esque in it's design so of course I was going to stitch this one. It was fun to construct Santas moustache and a bit different. 


 
Sunflower Santa - The Sunflower Seed.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Used DMC threads.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2016.
 
-oOo-

For Carol S I chose Merry Christmas To You which I wish everyone. Simple and yet quite striking in the bold colours.


 
Merry Christmas To You - My Big Toe Designs.
32ct Light Sand Belfast linen.
Used DMC threads.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2016.
 
-oOo-
 
For Angela (no blog). Angela is a long standing commenter on my blog and has been a recipient of a RAK a few years ago. She has had a very busy year with a wedding to stitch and craft for which happened a few weeks ago so I stitched a little treat for Angela herself.


 
Christmas Birdhouse - Country Cottage Needleworks.
32ct Platinum Belfast linen.
Used recommended DMC and Classic Colorworks threads.
 
-oOo-
 
For Katrina. This is quite an older design from the 2003 JCS Ornament issue.  I do love to look back at the older issues and find designs that still work 13 years later in this case. Finished in my usual style of a twisted cord, ribbon and a pin.


 
Santa's Stash - Full Circle Designs.
Unknown linen.
Used recommended DMC threads.
Omitted buttons.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2003.
 
-oOo-
 
For Judy. I sent Judy a package that contained this chappy adding the bow to the last present. Judy is another long standing commenter and former RAK recipient. Judy has been very generous over the past few years sending me some wonderful gifts and it was my pleasure to create this for Judy.


 
The Wrapper - Full Circle Designs.
36ct Pearl Grey Edinburgh Linen.
Used recommended threads.
Missed off border.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2012.
 
-oOo-
 
I shall be back with a round-up of the year and my stitching plans .... note to self - better get my thinking cap on .... for 2017.
 
Until next time ......

21 comments:


  1. You have stitched some wonderful works of art Andrea .
    Love them all .
    My one is also beautiful and I love it and it will be out on display every year Thankyou for your kindness .
    Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them are fantastic. And you are right, the older Just Cross Stich ornament issues still contain lots of designs which are as fresh as if they were issued today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done some very pretty ornaments.
    Thanks for sharing the pics.
    I love my Peace ornament. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have made lovely pieces, as always, I am sure the recipients were all delighted with your RAKs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love gifts for your stitching friends! Greetings from snowy Finland

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made so many pretty gifts. I love the variety of ways that you have finished them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, these are all beautiful pieces and wonderful gifts!
    Best Wishes for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching and finishing. Like you I enjoy looking through old JCS ornaments issues and finding designs to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful variety of patterns and finishes you have gifted so many with. Gorgeous work Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a many of wonderful little ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on all of the beautiful ornaments Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many, and all so wonderful! I just love seeing your finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each ornament is beautiful and reflects made with love by you! Love all the designs you stitched and I too agree they are timeless. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely gifts you sent out and equally delightful ones received in your Christmas stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At least 4 of these are on my wish-to-stitch list so it's great to see how beautifully you have finished all of these. Thank you for sharing the pics with us and have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really Andrea, your finishing is beyond beautiful! Lovely stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What simply beautiful finishes - very inspiring! Lovely to see from your other post that you received some ornaments too as these are such generous gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely parade of fantastic finishes! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure each and every recipient is thrilled with your ornaments, Andrea! I can't pick a favorite, but I have to say that pretty Christmas Birdhouse is so adorable... As is the santa for June... and the Peace angel... and the... Oh, each one is perfect!


    Wishing you a most happy and healthy new year! I look forward to seeing what springs from your needle in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrea, I was so thrilled to receive your beautiful gift. The thought behind it was really touching. I loved stitching wedding favours and bridesmaids gifts but really did miss doing a little Christmas stitching so your ornament was very gratefully received. You certainly spread Christmas cheer :-) All the ornaments you have stitched are really pretty and finished in your individual imaginative style.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow.. such cute finishes. The wrapper is my favorite

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.