31 January 2017

Goodbye January

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I am a lot happier now we are at the end of January. I haven't been as productive as I would of liked but that is your fault. How? Well I've been on YouTube and to the Flosstube videos. I now have subscribed to about 5 or 6 and it has kept me very busy. I'm afraid I can't watch/listen and stitch at the same time, so it's one or the other. I may have to ban myself from the internet for a few days so I can get on with my day-to-day jobs.
 
When I have been stitching I have been able to stitch and complete my January Christmas ornament. I finished the 3rd and final piece of the Chalkboard Ornaments - Christmas Collection - Part 1 by Hands on Designs. This is Believe. Stitched on 32ct Black Belfast just like the other 2. If I were to do any more or do these ones again I think I would add a running stitch to emphasise the veins on the leaves. I know you can tell they are holly leaves but I think it would give them more definition. I may be able to still do that but I shall leave it for now and move on.


 
Believe - Hands on Design.
(Chalkboard Ornaments - Christmas Collection - Part1)
32ct Black Belfast linen.
Recommended threads except DMC 3865 instead of GAST Chalk.
 
-oOo-
 
Now we jump in to Spring, we're leaving the cold, horrible weather behind! Spring Delivery by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread. I usually do not like to swap and change threads that the designers have chosen, they know better that I what works, that's their job after all ..... however for this one it was a bit of a challenge. I had 5 out of the 12 required colours, but some were not the desired shade I wanted and some were too close to the same shade. Do you know how long it took me to kit this one up? Hours and hours. I trawled conversions on the internet and made a note of every conceivable combination on this planet. My thread stash was by my side during every stitch. I started with the colours I had and would work and then just tried to match everything else in. I am pleased with my effort but I need to get around to finish it completely. I will put my chosen colours below.

 
Spring Delivery - With Thy Needle and Thread.
36ct Mushroom Edinburgh linen.
Stitched 1 over 2.
 
Threads used:
Recommended = Used.
WDW Schneckley = same.
WDW Olve = DMC 370.
WDW Chrysanthemum = CC Tennessee Red Clay.
GAST Pumpkin Patch = WDW Carrot.
GAST brandy = same.
GAST Oatmeal = WDW White Lightening.
GAST Woodrose = WDW Cinnabar (lighter parts of thread).
GAST Parchment  = WDW Linen.
GAST Apple Cider = Gast Tarnished Gold.
GAST Wood trail = GAST Dark Chocolate.
GAST Endive = same.
CC Hazelnut - CC Peanut Brittle.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time .......

25 comments:

  1. I love how you have finished Believe, it looks fantastic! Lovely Spring stitch too. I rarely change threads for the same reason as you, and can imagine just how difficult it was to get the right combination! I think you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the Chalk ornaments are so pretty on black.
    Spring Delivery is so cute.
    Love the colors.
    It looks like it was worth your effort to change threads.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both stitching are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preciosos los bordados, te quedaron unos trabajos muy bonitos, besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chalkboard ornaments are quite striking - is it difficult stitching on black fabric. Your spring ornament is beautiful and I love the colours you've used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, you've done it again!! Marvellous gems have been stitched & finished :) Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stitching...I cannot believe today is the last of January! (just had to type that in!!lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Hands On Design ornaments. This is great! Spring Delivery is so special! Your thread choices are super Andrea!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Beautiful stitching and finishes .
    You have been busy , love the pale stitching of the rabbit and then I also love the colourful Christmas stitching .
    Enjoy Feb not to long to wait for spring .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very pretty finishes Andrea. I'm not very confident at changing colours but sometimes it has to be done! I can take hours to decide too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that is one reason I don't watch much Flosstube, Andrea--I can't stitch at the same time! Maybe you could just limit yourself to one a day?

    Love that chalkboard ornament--so perfectly stitched and finished as always. And your thread conversion for the bunny is so nice--thank you for sharing it! You took all the hard work out of any conversions for the rest of us :)

    Happy February--hope it brings more stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the cute finishes Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful finish Andrea. I change threads from time to time. I just pick colors I like. I can't wait for spring also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring Delivery is lovely. Your colors just glow. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on changing the threads. I love the way Spring Delivery looks. I know exactly what you mean . Whenever I decide to change a color, I have what is called the domino effect! Not good!

    ReplyDelete

  16. Love all your work , and the rabbit stitch is just beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Believe looks great, a wonderful ornament, Andrea.
    I also want to leave winter behind and move on to spring - at least in my stitching. Ian just now rummaging through my stash and look for THE spring piece I want to stitch. Yours is so great and if I had it in my stash I'd stitch it immediately, too. But I will no doubt find something in my overflowing stash.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stitching on black fabric always looks so delightful, love the little holly embellishment.
    Such a pretty bunny, I do like that design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your chalkboard ornament is lovely - especially the little felt finishing touches. I am tempted to stitch a few for myself...!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your chalkboard finishes have all been stunning and this one is too, really dramatic and eye catching. It's given me a new perspective on these designs. Your finish is wonderful too.
    I love what you have done with Spring Delivery. I often change colours if they are too similar or a shade I'm not fond of so I know how crucial getting the right colour swop is and how time consuming it is and talking of time consuming, I too easily get sucked in to Floss tube and hours can go by in a flash...haha.
    Thanks for listing your colour changes. Your conversion is a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your stitching and finishing always astounds me. Everything is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your chalkboard ornament looks fantastic! I love the color choices you made for Spring Delivery too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my! Those are two beautiful finishes! I have yet to stitch a chalkboard one, even tho I finally got the fabric! Yikes! And the Spring one...the colors are so soft and blend so well... it shows your hard work paid off! Delightful to see the bunny when it is cold and dreary still! But Spring IS coming! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Ornament is gorgeous! I love that WTNT :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.