I hope that February is treating you all well? We are starting this week with unseasonably warmish weather - with some rain though - but the forecasters say it's going to get colder again.
-oOo-
In the previous posts photo I just had the outside border to stitch of the "Valentine's" piece. Well that was quickly done and a simple pillow finish completed the project. Handmade cording in DMC 814 which is a very good match to the GAST Claret I used for the design.
"Valentine" - Quaker Valentines - The Stitcherhood.
36ct Light Mocha Edinburgh Linen.
GAST Claret.
-oOo-
I've also finished my February ornament. Another one from Prairie Schoolers "A Christmas Visit". I have loved each and every one I have stitched. This one is "Sunflowers". Santa even has time for some gardening when not delivering gifts!!
"Sunflowers" - A Christmas Visit Book 48 - The Prairie Schooler.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.
-oOo-
Other than those 2 finishes I have started a Drawn Thread piece, not sure whether I've mentioned it before, perhaps not. Anyway I've chosen to stitch "The Little Birds Sampler", an alphabet with lots of birds and other animals dotted about. I think I'm stitching on 36ct summer khaki rather than the 32ct summer khaki that is recommended. At the moment I'm putting off stitching some lazy daisy stitches.
The Little Birds Sampler - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh linen.
Using recommended NPI and Dinky Dye Silks.
-oOo-
Until next time .......
What gorgeous stitches! You always do the most beautiful finishing. The PS Santa is stunning.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching and finish is so lovely .
ReplyDeleteLove the Draw Thread one your stitches are so neat looking wonderful.
Wonderful stitching as always.
ReplyDeleteThe Sampler looks great.
What fabulous looking finishes, Andrea! I really like the PS Santa finished round. Your Bird piece is looking good.
ReplyDeleteLovely projects, Andrea. The Santa is most unusual and I love it!
ReplyDeleteYour sampler is already a beauty - enjoy finishing it.
Andrea both pieces rejust adorable. I have stitched the sunflower piece also, such cute pieces to stitch.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the adorable finishes and start Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Valentine turned out so perfect! Santa looks so cheery. :D
ReplyDeleteWhat a great new stitch the Little Birds Sampler is!!
Andrea both pieces rejust adorable. I have stitched the sunflower piece also, such cute pieces to stitch.
ReplyDeleteVery nice Andrea. I enjoy stitching designs which feature birds.
ReplyDeleteAs usual, everything is just beautiful. I do love Santa with the pretty yellow flowers!!
ReplyDeleteYour February ornament is lovely. I too have decided to stitch an ornament a month. I'm on track so far and have even started March's ornament! I will definitely be including a circular finish like yours!
ReplyDeleteI love the little cat in the birds sampler!
Valentine turned out sooooo pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove the color you used.
Santa is nice too, and love the kitty-kat on the DT piece.
Great choices.
Marilyn
Very pretty finishes Andrea!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY!!!! You're pieces are wonderfully stitched and beautifully finished!!! Can you let me know where you found the cute heart charm that you used on your Valentine finish? It's the perfect embellishment on a equally perfect piece.
ReplyDeleteValentine and Sunflowers are both just lovely.
ReplyDeleteOh, that new DT piece is going to be adorable, Andrea! Another "must-stitch" for me--I just love it! Lovely job on the Valentine's ornament and the PS Santa with sunflowers. I think that is one of my most loved PS Charts--each design is wonderful, isn't it? Wishing you a lovely final week in February :)
ReplyDeleteTwo great finishes, Andrea. I love the PS Santas that are shown with sunflowers, like this one. I once stitched it, too, as a gift for a Santa and sunflower lover.
ReplyDeleteOh my, this Drawn Thread piece is just gorgeous. I'm not sure if I have seen it before.
I adore your Drawn Thread piece. I just love their designs.
ReplyDeleteHelen
Wonderful stitches as always and lovely finishes. Valentine's finish looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteUnos trabajos preciosos, besos
ReplyDeleteStunning finishes, Santa does look good with his sunflowers.
ReplyDeleteLove the Drawn Thread new start, that's a nice one.
I am visiting here after ages... And your stitching is as stunning as ever. Love the Little Birds Sampler you are doing
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes. I love The Drawn Thread sampler
ReplyDeleteYour finish is so lovely! I've never been good with them.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finishes Andrea. Love your new start too. I really want to start the Drawn Thread I have after seeing that!
ReplyDeleteYour finishes are always so beautiful, I love them all!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes and the DT is looking gorgeous
ReplyDeleteI love your finishes! The addition of cording makes such a beautiful difference - I need to add it more often to my pieces. blessings, marlene
ReplyDelete