Hi, good to have your company again. I trust you are all well?
-oOo-
March Ornament ...... Now I do have to thank Marlene of Stitchin By The Lake fame. I was watching her YouTube channel and she showed this design. I asked google to find me this person who had designed it and so there I was looking at freebies galore, the links are below. This only took an afternoons stitching time. I stitched it on Tumbleweed / Woodland Permin linen which was a close colour to the DMC 642 suggested for the background stitching.
Come una Volta - Luli.
Freebie found here.
32ct Tumbleweed / Woodland Permin Linen.
DMC threads as recommended.
-oOo-
Spring Delivery ..... An appropriate time to finally finish this I think as we are heading for Easter next month. Now I hadn't finished a flat fold for quite some time ... years in fact. So I headed over to Vonna's YouTube Channel and the flat fold tutorial and had a re-cap. I tried out the glue and brush technique. I normally would of used a small spatula but the brush is so much better. No matter how long you have been stitching and finishing there is always something new, that is tried and tested by someone else, that you can learn. I was half way through mine and saw on Vonna's Instagram had a photo of Spring Delivery as a flat fold for a customer, I had to laugh but at least I knew what mine would eventually look like ..... hopefully. Oh and while I'm here I sent for a bottle of Mary Ellen's Best Press. It's my new best friend. I've had a small bottle, 6 fl oz (177ml) from Cotton Patch. Love it!! So my second lot of thanks go to Vonna.
Spring Delivery - With Thy Needle.
36ct Mushroom Edinburgh Linen.
Threads used found on this post.
Cording used DMC 152 and DMC 962.
Finished as a flat fold.
-oOo-
Little Spot Sampler ...... When I finished the stitching on this piece I didn't really know how I would like to finally finish it off. Today I decided it was to become a pillow. In the back of my mind I had always wanted to put the small reels on the end of the cording, an idea that was on Carol's Stitching Dreams blog many moons ago, thank you for the inspiration. I'd bought a pack at the time but unfortunately they had been languishing in a draw. I've backed it in a plain blue fabric and was going for a blue cord but I hadn't a spare skein of either of the blue colours, so red it was. It does draw your eye to the hearts though. This chart was gifted to me by Kathy (no blog) last year.
Little Spot Sampler - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburg Linen.
DMC as recommended.
Finished as a pillow.
-oOo-
The Little Birds Sampler ...... It's finished!!! Over the past few nights I seem to have stitched more than expected and finished it off last night. There are plenty of speciality stitches in this one, just wish I could of photographed it a bit better for you all to see. It will go in to my drawer ready to be taken to the framer. I never made it to the framer last year at all, I'll have to rectify that this year at some point.
The Little Birds Sampler - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Recommended NPI and Dinky Dye Silks.
-oOo-
So that's me all done for today.
What beautiful stitching and fantastic finish on all.
ReplyDeleteI can see you have been enjoying your stitching you have been busy.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Congrats on all of the beautiful finishes Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Wonderful finishes Andrea. Little Birds is great too. Hope you are able to get it framed.
ReplyDeleteLove all your stitching have a great Sunday Lynda Ruth
ReplyDeleteWonderful stitching.
ReplyDeleteAndrea all of the finishes came out just perfect. The birds will look amazing framed. You would never know you haven't done a flat fold in a while.
ReplyDeleteYou've been a busy stitcher Andrea - all your finishes are wonderful. I love the Spring Bunny especially :) Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteYour finished finishes are fabulous, Andrea. Off to check out the Mary Ellen's Best Press stuff; thank you for the link. Congratulations on your The Little Birds Sampler finish! Will you frame it or turn it into a bell pull?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching and finishing! I also got a bottle of Mary Ellen's Best Press after watching Vonna's YouTube post. Great stuff.
ReplyDeleteBravo pour toutes ces merveilles ♥ !!!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week ...
Marie
Wow! So many beauties to share with us today, Andrea!! I love the way your flatfold turned out (I have yet to try one, myself!) and your ornament and pillow are so sweet. Aren't those tiny spools adorable--so glad you tried them out. I think the red looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBut, my favorite is the Little Birds Sampler--it is absolutely stunning! Will definitely be adding this to my cart next time I'm doing online shopping :) Congratulations on a lovely finish!
Great finishes!
ReplyDeletePreciosos trabajos!!! bss
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful finishes.
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea! You did such a fine job at finishing these. You inspire me my friend. Attention to details shows!! The Little Birds Sampler is precious!
ReplyDeleteAll these finishes are so beautiful. And great finishing on the first three. I also love finishing with cording no matter if it's a flat fold, a small pillow or an ornament. I just like the look of it.
ReplyDeleteWonderful finishes, especially the flat fold. I really must try one of those myself.
ReplyDeleteSweet finishes as always, I love your Easter themed flat fold :)
ReplyDeleteWow! It looks as though you have been very busy, Andrea! Lovely finishes and congratulations on finishing the stitching on your birds sampler! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteWell darn Andrea - I like the way you finished the deer better than mine! :) I've done the ABC sampler too and have the bunny pattern on my wish list at 123 Stitch. And the birds....my mother loved birds more than anything so I try to stitch bird things just for her because she would have loved it. But I haven't seen this pattern so now I'll be on the hunt! Do you have any interest in selling those two patterns....I sometimes sell and buy on Stash Unload but I don't know if you do. blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous finishes - I love them all! I haven't watched Vonna's flatfold tutorial but I will do so as I found her pillow tutorial so helpful and your flatfold is perfect!
ReplyDeleteLittle Birds is lovely, please show us again once it's framed.
Lovely finishes. I hadn't realised that The Drawn Thread sampler would be so long.
ReplyDeleteSo many pretty finishes! I love little birds and your ornament. They colors and stitching are lovely!
ReplyDeleteAndrea what a feast for the eyes. I love your Flatfold finish. Flatfolds are my favourite way of finishing and I tend to choose this method most times. Your Easter bunny is really pretty. Not sure what Best Press is but I'm sure I must need some...haha!. I think I need to pop over to Vonna's.
ReplyDeleteFor the birds is truly stunning. Congratulations on the finish. I love both your DT finishes. The little cotton reels add the perfect touch.
Thank you for the link to the freebies.
Oh wow ! Andrea so many lovely finishes. Vonna's tutorial is really helpful. The Bird sampler look fabulous.
ReplyDeleteOh I do love an oval finish - gorgeous! 😍
ReplyDeleteYour stitching and your finishing are absolutely gorgeous!! Like you, I am a fan of Vonna's finishing as well. You have inspired me to get busy and do some finishing. Keeping my fingers crossed that your inspiration will last. LOL Happy stitching..............
ReplyDeleteGorgeous stitching and finishing. Your flat fold looks so pretty. I really must have another go at one of these. I've only ever made one.
ReplyDeleteLove your birds finish.
The bird sampler is so detailed, very pretty. I love your little pillow finish, with the spools on the end of the cording.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finishes particularly the Little Birds Sampler.
ReplyDelete