24 June 2017

Happy Days

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Thank you all for your comments on my last post. I had hoped I would get some good advice and of course I did. I'm liking the idea of a wintry display for the Little House Needlework piece. It has been made to hang but it is small enough I think to go on a stand. Looking back at the photos I have to admit it doesn't look so bad. Perhaps I was overwhelmed with all of the green mounts ... who knows!! Along with the advice some new names I notice ..... welcome, I hope you will continue to enjoy my blog ..... I may need help in the future!!

-oOo-

Phew! Hasn't it been a scorcher here in the UK? I have been on my holidays to North Wales, expecting the worst weather and getting one of the most beautiful. The scenery, the places I visited, everything was wonderful. Now it is back to reality. I did get to go to one stitchy place, I had made it a mission to go whilst in Wales ..... The Nimble Thimble ..... and I received a pen too which has a light on the end, which was very kind of Chris.
 
 
 
-oOo-

So on to catching up ..... my sewing machine. I have a new one!! A Viking Husqvarna H Class 100Q. It is the same brand as my last one and if this one lasts as long, at least 30 years, I will be very happy.

 
I had a play with it just before I went away and it is so quiet. It feels as though I'm learning to sew all over again. It has a needle threader, well it took me about 3 attempts to get it right. I did say I would of been quicker just to thread the needle normally! The best thing ... it stitches in a straight line without having to have a fight.
 
-oOo-
 
I have now finished #4 and #5 of Snow Place Like Home by Country Cottage Needleworks.


 
Snow Place Like Home: Snow Place 4 - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended threads.

 
Snow Place Like Home: Snow Place 5 - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended threads.

 

Snow Place Like Home - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended threads.
 
I have put these charts on my 'For Sale' page (tab at the top of the blog). I don't usually sell my charts but I don't think I will be stitching these again.
 
-oOo-

Whilst on my holiday I did take a little stitching just in case my fingers seized up. This was a freebie chart I found here. Perfect for my holiday stitching.


 
Beach Hut Freebie - From the book Sand Sea and Cross Stitch by Anna Field.
Freebie found here.
32ct Antique White Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.
 
-oOo-
 
OK must dash, another load of washing has finished and with it being a bit breezy here today, good drying weather on the washing line.
 
Until next time ......
 

20 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, Congratulations on the new machine, I hope it serves you well! The Nimble Thimble has such a charming entrance in the stone building, a tease of a photo! I'd love to see more photos of the shop.
    Great job on finishing blocks 4and 5 and getting a freebie stitch done too! Thanks for the link.
    Glad you had nice weather for your vacation. I took the train from London to Holyhead to get the ferry to Dublin, we ended up spending an evening in Holyhead because of a long delay, it's a tiny town!! I loved the rolling countryside of Wales and I'm definitely going to go back some day. A perfect place to vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Andrea, i´m a new follower, and i like your Post. So many beautiful embroidery works, it is fun to follow the pictures.
    Have a nice weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to read you had a nice getaway Andrea. Your stitching is sweet.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little beach stitch! I love the colors in in. Way to go on finishing block 4 and 5 on your CCN. They look super. Congratulations on your new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new machine! It's a beauty. Your "There's Snow Place Like Home" design is adorable. You do beautiful work. --Another Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas stitching looks wonderful.
    Thank you for the link with the freebie.
    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous stitching .... think I have actually got one of these charts .. must check ...lol ... glad you made it to the Nimble Thimble and got lots of nice goodies ???? must get my new sewing machine out and play with it more too .... seriously need more stitching/sewing time round here .... love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like having the right tool for the job! It's terrible when you have a fight a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Andrea...that's a beautiful sewing machine! I wish you at least 30 years with it. And your stitches are beautiful as usual. Thank you for the link to the free stitch...it's adorable. RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a nice holiday. I'm on the west coast of the US and we have been HOT too. Finally a cooler day today. Great job on stitching. Nice sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the pretty finishes Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have found plenty of goodies at the Nimble Thimble?! The shop is like Aladdin's cave, bursting with treasures :) Nice looking new toy and beautiful stitching. Will have to check that little summer freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow Place is looking great.
    What a pretty sewing machine, have fun with it!
    What a cute freebie, thanks for the link.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little summer freebie - what pretty colours! Snow Place looks great stitched as one.
    Hope you treated yourself at the Nimble Thimble, they do have lots to browse through.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hope you had a restful Holiday , I would love to visit Nimble Thimble .
    Wonderful stitching like always love the summer one , and those cute houses.
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you had a good vacation!! We all need those. I love the little snow Village you are stitching.It will make a wonderful holiday display!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice that you had a wonderful holiday, Andrea--and the good weather must have made everything just perfect. My husband and I have often commented how the weather has such an effect on the outcome of a vacation.

    Your new sewing machine looks fabulous. I'm still limping along with my old one, but have to get it serviced before I'll invest in a new one.

    Lovely stitching and thank you for the link to that cute freebie.

    Happy July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH my, your holidays in North Wales sound wonderful. A region that I'd visit again at every time of the year. And a visit at the Nimble Thimble is just a highlight of such holidays.
    Good to read that you are happy with your new sewing machine.
    And a lot of great stitching has been going on. These little blocks by CCN look so nice. And the freebie was a perfect holiday stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As expected, you did a Beautiful job on the CCN pieces! I look forward to seeing how you will display them! I am reminded to get my sewing machine in for a visit, as it isn't working correctly! Your new one looks delightful! Have fun with it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow your Snow Place Home looks gorgeous Andrea.

    Have many happy hours with your new machine.

    Lucky you getting to go to The Nimble Thimble. I have been many years ago and would love to go back.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.