1 July 2017

Stash and A Finish

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I think I am just about caught up with essential things. Unfortunately I was back at work this week, I suppose I have to pay for my hobby somehow, but I'd rather win the lottery.
 
-oOo-

A few people wondered what I bought from The Nimble Thimble ..... well my stash grew by just a few charts. There are 2 by The Drawn Thread, Simply Autumn and Simply Winter. I have the other 2 seasons thinking they would perhaps look OK if they were all on one piece of fabric. Lo and behold on the back there is a generated photo of the very thing. It is in the wrong order, not sure why, perhaps that was the way Cynthia released them. So that it my plan ...... sometime. Then I bought A Little Beach by Lizzie Kate, so that will be another summertime holiday reminder of my time in Wales.

 
-oOo-
 
I do have a finish to show as well. Remember the holiday freebie from the last post, well I had another play on the machine, and put together a little pillow. The cording is just tied and then slip stitched on the join of the two pieces of fabric.

 
 
Beach Hut Freebie - From the book Sand Sea and Cross Stitch by Anna Field.
Freebie found here.
32ct Antique White Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.

-oOo-

Until next time .......

 
 
 
 
 

26 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that little nautical pillow finish. You did a fantastic job on the finish! Have a great day. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish and beautiful new stash.
    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done on the Sun pillow! Look forward to seeing the DT pieces progress to a finish. ANY Lizzie Kate pattern will be delightful to stitch! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beach piece looks super in finished form, Andrea. I like the knotted cording you attached. Nice stash additions! Have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect finish, Andrea! I love the idea of the knotted cord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous finish, Andrea. I do love a good freebie! Oh and I really like the Drawn Thread designs...I'm tempted to purchase them myself, but I have bought far too much recently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stash.
    Love the pillow and the knotted cord works so well.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Beach Hut freebie with the knotted cording is super!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Work does have a way of interfering with our hobbies. 😉 Nice additions to your stash. Great job on your pillow finish. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute pillow. Any suggestions on how you get the corners so sharp? I try so hard but mine never really are that sharp. Also I do love the charts. I had not seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your beach pillow is so cute! That knotted cord is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your finish of the summer Freebie, it all fits so nicely together. Great idea with the knotted cording.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish to win the lottery also, to have a huge craft room. :)
    Great stash, sounds like a good plan to do the DT's all together, that will be so pretty.
    The Sun finish turned out so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute. I just ordered the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pillow finish! It is beautiful.

    Lovely new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous finish and great new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andrea, I love how the nautical piece turned out. The knotted trim makes it perfect. You picked up some great charts to stitch. I look forward to seeing how they come out. Getting ready to leave on vacation but I'm glad I caught this post before leaving. Have a great day. RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh, great new charts that you bought. Simply ... is a wonderful series. But then, is there anything by DT which is not beautiful?
    Great little pillow made that you made out of your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely finish, the knot is perfect there! Great nautical look. Great selection of new patterns to stitch. Mary&RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like Barb I was admiring your sharp corners too! That's a really sweet stitch and the knotted cording is a great way to add a little something.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your sweet summer freebie is finished perfectly, Andrea! Just love what you've done with the knotted cording especially :)

    Enjoy those new charts. I've stitched the LK Beach one, but gave it away to a friend who absolutely loved it. Thinking about stitching it again for my sister who is moving to a condo on the beach in Florida.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your little pillow finish! It's soooo cute and beachy! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pillow finish. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Pillow.. love the choice of fabric

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your nautical finish is too cute! I love the red fabric, too! Such a cute finish!
    You got some great stash!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.