The last day of Autumn .... meteorlogically speaking .... tomorrow Winter begins. Apparently we are bracing ourselves for a polar chill. I do know that my big coat, hat, scarf and gloves have been bought out of summer hibernation. But never mind, we all know what Winter means .... Christmas and Christmas stitching. Yeah!!
OK back to Autumn and my latest finish. This is A Bowl Full of Scaries - Scary Two by Plum Street Samplers. Like many have said before the photo on the front of the chart does not give a true impression of how lovely the thread colours are in real life. It did come as a kit, chart, threads and trim supplied. I chose to stitch on 40ct Vintage Country Mocha. It has been out on display just for a couple of days, but now has to go away until next Autumn.
A Bowl Full of Scaries ~ Scary Two - Plum Street Samplers.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle.
Hand-dyed thread and trim as kitted.
(Trim is by Lady Dot - Vintage chenille)
-oOo-
Until next time .......
What a fabulous autumn piece you stitched and put together! I really like the colors in this one.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful stitch , love the colours.
Lovely autumn piece.
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching, and I love the colours too.
ReplyDeleteI've not seen this one before.
Andrea, I love this stitch!! Love anything fall and this one is a beauty. The little bird offering the flower to the squirrel is charming and the orange does pop so nicely.Great stitching and finishing. Mary
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cute finish, Andrea! Lovely colors and perfect finishing :) I'm sure you're sorry to put it away until next fall!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful way to end Autumn!
ReplyDeleteAndrea this stitch is stunning! You are so right the colors really pop so well. I love the linen you used and the trim is a perfect choice. Love it! RJ
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty Fall piece.
ReplyDeleteAll ready for next year!
Marilyn
Oh I like this one very much Andrea. Well done!
ReplyDeleteI love it. Now I want to stitch it after seeing your finish!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitch--haven't seen it before! It has such pretty, vivid colors. I noticed you have it on an acrylic stand... gotta look around for those. Don't think I have ever seen them. Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. Some pattern photos just do not do it justice. Enjoy the Christmas season.
ReplyDeleteQue bonito!!
ReplyDeleteYou could always keep it out till the winter solstice, its really pretty
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful last autumn finish. The squirrel and blackbird are so cute, just adorable.
ReplyDeleteLovely autumn stitch.
ReplyDeleteA Bowl Full of Scaries - Scary Two - lovely lovely lovely!
ReplyDelete