I have at last - I think - chosen a fabric for one of my new 2018 starts, Rosewood Manor ~ Parchment Tapestry. The chart calls for 32ct WDW Parchment linen. Well I don't like Weeks Dye Works fabric although you can get it in 40ct. I looked at 40ct Newcastle in sand but went with 40ct Newcastle in platinum which I think will look OK when stitched as it will show the colours off nicely.
So this past week I have been working on my newest project bag. I can manage to finish one in a day but it takes me a week if I sew for an hour each night. I teamed the fabric that Carol gifted me with some Makower Linen Texture plain fabric in chambray and straw. I'm quite pleased with myself as I made a fat quarter of fabric stretch to make the 11½" x 14" bag. The back is a full piece of the fabric. I love it! Oh I can spot a stray thread on the photo .... not to worry now.
-oOo-
Until next time .......
ReplyDeleteWhat a great bag , love it.
Your new project for next year looks wonderful.
I will look forward to seeing it .
Enjoy your week hugs.
The project bag looks great.
ReplyDeleteI like your new project for 2018.
Best wishes Manuela
Andrea, please let me know how you like the platinum linen. I'm searching for new fabric colors for the coming year. I seem to always be stitching on flax, vintage country mocha and pecan butter. I want to try some more pretty colors. I love the stitch you will be working on and such gorgeous threads you will be using.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love your project bag. You did an awesome job and it looks wonderful. RJ @stitchingfriendsforever
Your threads are such beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to make a new project bag for your project! It looks perfect. I love the colours for your new sampler and agree that fabric looks like a good fit.
ReplyDeleteTapestry will look great on Platinum.
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful project bag.
Marilyn
So beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a wonderful project for 2018. I am still considering my first one. I think it will be the Early Americans by LHN.
ReplyDeleteThis is a perfect use of the fabric you've been gifted! You've chosen another beautiful design for your new project.
ReplyDeleteLove the bag. What a fun project for the new year. You have received some beautiful stitched pieces. May the new year bring lot of joy, happiness, and health to you. Merry Christmas.🌻
ReplyDeletesuch a pretty project bag.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful bag for a beautiful project, Andrea! I look forward to watching this one grow.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a joy-filled Christmas Day!
What great fabric for your bag. It turned out lovely.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great project bag, perfect colours for a spring project.
ReplyDelete