1 January 2018

Happy New Year!

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Welcome to 2018! A Happy New Year to you all!

Another year of stitching craziness delights.

So I did have a Christmas Day start, Snow Day by Country Cottage Needleworks. I finished it yesterday evening. It is quite a good size even though it is stitched on 40ct, finishing at a size of 7" x 5". I'm debating on how to finish this one. I have a frame which could work, but it might be better if it were painted although I'm really not sure. It will go away until I can mull it over some more.





 
Snow Day - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Mushroom (Light Mocha) Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.
 
-oOo-
 
I was hoping to start on Parchment Tapestry by Rosewood Manor today, however I decided to buy a new stitching frame as my other ones are getting a bit tired. I have a couple of smaller Elbesse rotating frames which I do like as I can get them tight - and in my price range! So I opted for a larger one. I don't like the ones with the clips on although I do take the webbing off nowadays on the rotating ones.
 
So I have put in a few stitches on Simply Spring by The Drawn Thread instead.
 
Carol emailed to see if I was ready for our SAL. Of course! January and February are kitted up. I'm thinking I shall put up a post towards the end of the month with just the monthly ornament - so look out for those. Is everyone else ready? I hope you have your designs chosen - for January at least. :)
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ........

28 comments:

  1. That piece is adorable! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first finish, he's sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Snow piece is fabulous. I love the snowman and all the other "ingredients" in this piece. Have a wonderful New Year! I look forward to seeing your SAL pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a delightful design. White is not my favorite color to stitch, but that snowman is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design! What a pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year. A cute stitch. I may have to do that one. It will be a great stitching year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this wonderful last finish in 2017. Hopefully your will show more of your nice stitching projects in 2018.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Snow Day , looks wonderful .
    I am like you I finish then leave it out and ponder for a week or more playing with ways to finish .
    Can't wait to see your January one , have a lovely week .
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Andrea.
    Your Snowman looks great.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year, Andrea. I love you motiv from CCN, the birds are singing, and the snowman smiles. I will stitch some of the houses from Main Street Series this year.
    Greetings, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is adorable. Your stitching is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitch of course I love anything with Cardinals....look forward to seeing how you finish..may 2018 bring much stitching time♥️ Blessings šŸ•ŠšŸ•Š

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow is so pretty.
    You are off to a great start!
    Wishing you a Happy New Year.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea, This is beautiful! I love all the little cardinals and I'm so impressed at how fast you completed this sweet stitch! Have a Happy New Year! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Andrea! In love that snowman, he's so handsome. Good luck with your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful finish, indeed it is quite large. OK, getting started now on the SAL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is positively adorable! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snow Day is so cute! And appropriate with all the cold temps. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snow Day is charming with the candy cane 'O' and all the other great details. I admire younger eyes that can still easily stitch on 40 count.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrea, I love this stitch. It is so happy and perfect for the new month of January. I cannot resist anything with cardinals so I may have to add another pattern to my long list. Look forward to your SAL RJ

    ReplyDelete
  21. Precioso bordado, feliz aƱo nuevo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's lovely!
    well done on starting the new year with such a pretty finish! :)
    happy 2018

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely finish to start the new year off :-)

    Hopefully I can start my for ornament at the weekend, looking forward to
    getting some stitched up this year after last years miserable number.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a darling finish, Andrea! I always love visiting your blog to see what you've been up to and I really look forward to what 2018 brings :) Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy New Year Andrea. I hope it's a good one.
    What a lovely design to have stitched so soon in the new year. I look forward to seeing how you finish it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely stitching and great design, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.