I am here to share my first ornament of the year. It's one that you have seen before but I had to stitch another for myself. It is stitched and finished almost identically to the one I stitched for my Christmas RAK. Having a small amount of Weeks Dye Works Cayenne, I decided to use one strand of that along with one strand of the called for DMC. There might of been enough of the WDW Cayenne but it was best to blend and make sure I could complete the design. Finished as a square ornament, it didn't go as well as before. Last time it was laced and everything was straight, even and equal. Oh no, not this time. I must of unlaced it a couple of times and fiddled about trying to get it right!! Never mind it turned out OK in the end. I even put a date label on the back à la Vonna - The Twister Stitcher.
Warm Hands, Warm Heart - The Little Stitcher.
32ct Raw Belfast Linen.
Recommended threads except the red thread was blend of 1 strand DMC 3777 / 1 strand WDW Cayenne.
-oOo-
Please check out the other participants ........
Maggee - Stitching Devotee
-oOo-
Until next time ........
No way is this OK, is super!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! Hoping mine will be finished in a few days time too. Thanks for posting yours :-)
ReplyDeleteLove your ornament, Andrea! It looks super.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful....I love those mittens!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous stitching and finishing ♥️ Certainly was worth all your troubles...
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! I'm stitching this on dark grey linen.
ReplyDeleteTo get your piece perfectly straight easily use those sewing clips. If you go to my Instagram site Wisconsin Stitcher you will find a picture of what I mean. Really slick trick I just learned
ReplyDeleteI lov the pretty simplicity of this design and the way you have finished it. x
ReplyDeleteOh this is such a lovely little ornament, actually, I also wanted to embroider a little ornament every month, but so far I have not made it yet. But there are still a few days in January. Or I will start in February.
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Martina
Just Beautiful , looks great to me .
ReplyDeleteReally like the idea with the date on the back .
A lovely little finish.
ReplyDeleteCute!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
The finishing looks pretty perfect to me. Love the idea of the little stitched date label on the back.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet and your finishing is excellent despite the trial of working so hard to get it straight, It came out perfect!!! Mary
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty ornament Andrea and your finish is beautiful as usual.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. I like the little date on the back. Looks just like mine. Have a grate week.🌻🌻
ReplyDeleteAs long as it ends well...! I love your date on the back. It's a good way to remember when without having the year be part of the design.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely stitching and a beautiful finish! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat is so beautiful, Andrea--so sorry you had to unlace it a couple of times to get it right. I really have trouble with this kind of finish, which is why I rarely do them. They always turn out to have uneven margins. Not sure what I am doing wrong!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your week!
Your finishing looks just wonderful to me. That red is a great color!
ReplyDeleteThis looks absolutely perfect to me! So prwtty.
ReplyDeleteAs always your ornament looks perfect to me, Andrea. Love the pattern you chose and your fabric choice. The addition of the date on the back is a great idea. I struggle with getting things perfectly centered but trust me yours looks perfect. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteSimple design, but very beautiful. A lovely finish Andrea.
ReplyDeleteThis seems to be one of the most popular ornaments in that ornament issue as I see it on so many blogs. And it truly is so sweet. I can understand why you had to stitch it again for yourself as well.
ReplyDeleteYour ornament is so pretty Andrea.
ReplyDeleteYour ornament is SO cute! Congrats on your finish.
ReplyDelete