"The Beast from the East" is here! Yes that is what the weather forecasters are calling the icy blast that has come from Siberia this week. Hats, scarves, gloves at the ready!
-oOo-
Ok, so let's go back to last year. I stitched A Trio of Stitched Blessings by Plum Street Samplers and I have already shown before the first of the fully finished pillows here. During this month I have finished a second, with the same backing fabric and ric-rac edging. As you can see in the photo, the third is stitched but is on the waiting list to be fully finished.
Alphabet Sampler - Goodness & Plenty - A Trio of Stitched Blessings
Plum Street Samplers.
36ct Stars Hollow R&R Reproductions.
Used recommended Classic Colorworks or DMC threads.
-oOo-
As one of my Christmas gifts from June at Butterfly Wings, I had a fat quarter of fabric with sweet little scottie dogs. Although I love cats, I am more of a dog person. I did say at the time I knew exactly what I was going to do, here is the outcome ......
Project Bag - Another one for the collection!
-oOo-
My Parchment Tapestry WIP by Rosewood Manor is growing slowly. The motifs take longer than expected as there are some single stitches and plenty of colour changes. Even the borders in between take time, but I'm enjoying the process. It's not a rotation piece or one that I'm working on diligently all the time, but it's one that I can pick up as and when I feel like it. I'm liking the platinum fabric that I'm using. I did have reservations even after I said I was going to use it and I did go through my stash again, but still went back to the platinum.
Parchment Tapestry - Rosewood Manor
40ct Platinum Newcastle Linen.
Recommended Weeks Dye Works threads.
-oOo-
I was one of the lucky recipients of a package from Cindy of Cross Stitch Inspiration by Cindy DeRosa. It was totally unexpected. My package contained a beautifully stitched Cristmas ornament "Peace" by Blackbird Designs from Just Cross Stitch issue 2009, a Lizzie*Kate Flip-It chart "May" and an absolute gorgeous needleminder. Thank you Cindy, it was very kind and thoughtful of you my friend.
-oOo-
After seeing so many wonderful finishes of Farmhouse Christmas by Little House Needleworks, I have caved in and signed up. I am more than likely going to stitch them all on one piece of fabric rather than individually.
-oOo-
So that is it for February. I'm looking forward to Spring now, enough of the Winter chills.
Until next time ........

Your trio of PSS pillows will be lovely, Andrea. I like the way you're using the ric-rac around the edges. And that Scottie project pouch is adorable--that is the sweetest fabric. I'm glad to hear you are liking the Platinum Newcastle as that is what I am thinking about ordering for a new project.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy those treats from Cindy and have fun with Farmhouse Christmas. I finished the first one as an ornament just this weekend, but don't plan on stitching all of them.
Hope your Spring turns up soon :)
Beautiful stitching,I love your project bag too. The gifts you have received are adorable. x
ReplyDeleteLove your stitching and we can all do with Spring. hugs
ReplyDeleteLove the Scottie project bags and your Rosewood Manor piece is beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! You have really been busy! Your stitching is just so pretty! I love your colors on the Rosewood Manor! It's really lovely! And, of course your finishing is always perfect! Too pretty!
ReplyDeleteI like that sweet project bag! I'm really a cat person, but those little dogs are too cute!
And you are lucky winner! What a nice prize!
It's warming up where I live--I would really be ready to put up the hat, gloves, etc!!! Hope it's not too bad there!
Your PPS design is so pretty. The Rosewood piece has such lovely colors. Looking at your design, I can see why it takes time to stitch. It will be lovely when it is finished.
ReplyDeleteZipper bags are addicting. The scottie are so cute. The parchment piece by rosewood Manor is beautiful, we have so many pieces we want to stitch. I hope you stay warm.🌻
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWow you do stitch some beautiful designs , I love the large design you are working on.
But every thing is so beautiful.
What a lovely gift that was sent to you .
So happy you loved the Christmas material I sent , and your bag is beautiful .
Stay warm , we even had a few flakes of snow yesterday and may get lots tomorrow, hugs.
A wonderful post.
ReplyDeleteI like your finishes. Wonderful progress on your Parchment Tapestry.
The Farmhouse Christmas I will stitch it too.
Best wishes Manuela
Great stitching, Andrea. And what a cool idea to use the doggie fabric for a project bag.
ReplyDeleteOh, i hope you don't get too terrible of weather.
ReplyDeleteCute finish, and Parchment is beautiful, great color and fabric.
Great goodies you received also!
Can't wait to see your Farmhouse Christmas.
Marilyn
Your pillow finish is good. I always fret over how much I should fill them but your pillow looks as full as I like to get them. I'd want to use that project bag all year round, it's cute. How lovely to receive an unexpected gift.
ReplyDeleteYour Alphabet Sampler is so sweet. The project bag is just darling. Wow. Parchment Tapestry is lovely Andrea. What a beautiful surprise from our friend Cindy!
ReplyDeleteLovely post Andrea, the scottie project bag is just sooooo lovely. The Rosewood Manor pece WOW,The beast has not reached us yet only in temperature. Keep safe .
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching and finishing! LOVE the project bag!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post Andrea. The project bag makes the most of that fun fabric from June. Lucky you with your win from Cindy, those are lovely gifts especially the handmade ornament.
ReplyDeleteI am so tempted by Farmhouse Christmas but have so many things I want to stitch I really can't justify more purchases!
I really enjoyed this post and all of the beautiful stitching you have done Andrea. I LOVE that project bag...the fabric is darling. Your gift from Cindy is so thoughtful and has many goodies. Look forward to see how you finish the farm stitch. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteStay warm! Parchment Tapestry has such lovely soft colors - it is going to be glorious!
ReplyDeleteBonitos trabajos!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful projects. Rosewood manor is my favorite of the whole lot
ReplyDeleteThe Rosewood stitching is gorgeous, what a beautiful blend of colours that is.
ReplyDeleteFabulous project bag, it reminds my of my Radley goodies.
Sweet ornament and such a lovely gift you received.
Stay warm and cosy in the nasty snow.
I love all of your projects; especially love the Drawn Thread Pastoral from last year. Got me to thinking that I have that project and need to hunt it out and get it started. Love all the special stitches and their colors are always so beautiful! Rosewood Manor is one of my very favorites and I have had the opportunity to visit with her several times at Needlework Galleria in St Charles, MO. She is such a nice person and seeing her designs in person is such a treat. So, I bought the Parchment one last year, and yours is looking so beautiful that it makes me want to start it!! Too many beautiful things to stitch and Nashville Market is just around the corner - I really need to resist. Like you, I joined the LHN Farm series. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have had a beautiful month :-)
ReplyDeleteRosewood Manor is stunning and I can see why it would be slow going. How adorable is your scotty bag!! Loves the smalls....and lovely gifts!!
ReplyDeleteParchment tapestry is looking gorgeous and your PS cushion is very cute. You have received some lovely gifts
ReplyDelete