We had a little hiccup with the weather about two weeks days ago. Spring was happening and then ... stop ... we had Winter again, although the forecasters have said THE word again for over the Easter period, I think it will just be rain for us.
I had stitched A Little Snow by Little House Needleworks / Classic Colorworks last year so was digging through the finishing stitching box and thought it was an ideal candidate. It was one of the 'buy your threads, free chart' kits, containing Classic Colorworks in Whatley Woods, Snowball and Ladybug. I used what was included except Ladybug. I found it was a bit pinkish so changed to Classic Colorworks Licorice Red for a bit of a bolder colour.
A Little Snow - Little House Needleworks / Classic Colorworks.
(Chartpack)
36ct Mushroom (Light Mocha) Edinburgh Linen.
Used Classic Colorworks Whatley Woods and Snowball.
Used Classic Colorworks Licorice Red instead of Classic Colorworks Ladybug.
-oOo-
So I can now comfortably crack on with my Spring stitching. I chose to stitch La-D-Da Spring Hare. Only two colours but they are overdyed threads. It was fun to stitch except the confetti stitches, they seemed never ending! I would like to get this one framed.
Spring Hare - La-D-Da.
40ct Flax Newcastle Linen.
Gentle Arts Sampler Threads: Sable and Garden Gate.
-oOo-
Another Drawn Thread piece has been added to the WIPs. Have you noticed I have 3 WIPs plus my monthly ornament. Go me! I am enjoying the fact that I can just pick up one that I fancy to stitch on, it is a novelty for me as I am usually a one-at-a-time stitcher. It's fun, but I wouldn't want an excessive number that would just blow my mind. Anyway back to The Drawn Thread. This one is Welcome Spring. The bunny is just THE cutest with his - I'm not sure ... might be 'she' - pink flashes on the ears. I did a Smyrna stitch for the eye instead of a cross stitch just to make it stand out a bit more.
Welcome Spring - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Antique Lambswool Permin / Wichelt Linen.
Using recommended NPI and Dinky Dye silks.
-oOo-
A post would not be complete without an update on Parchment Tapestry by Rosewood Manor. I have progressed really well having stitched another 2 ½ motifs.
-oOo-
Right I think that is about it for this month. Have a Happy Easter!
Until next time ........
So many beauties. Such great additions. Have a blessed easter🌻
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching Andrea, love the La D Da bunny. Have a Happy Easter xx
ReplyDeleteYou do beautiful work, and I sure do enjoy seeing it! Thanks for sharing all the lovelies! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteAll your pieces are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter Andrea! Every time I come to your blog I get so much inspiration for things to stitch myself. Lovely, lovely stitching as always.
ReplyDeleteSuperbe, j'adore !
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteAlso we had such a changeable weather, at the moment it is cloudy and rainy.
The new ornament looks great, a nice finish. Even the spring bunny looks great. Wow, and great progress at Rosewood Manor.
I wish you a nice Easter
Hugs Martina
Wonderful stitching , love all the designs you have stitched.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Easter , with no snow we hope hugs.
Absolutely gorgeous stitching. I especially like the Drawn Thread piece. x
ReplyDeleteCute finish.
ReplyDeleteLove the La D Da, and the DT is so pretty and colorful.
Great progress on Parchment, very pretty.
Marilyn
Wonderful stitching.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful progress on your WIP.
Happy Easter. Manuela
Lovely pieces Andrea. When you have all those confetti stitches do you carry your thread from one to the other?
ReplyDeleteAndrea...these stitches are fabulous 💞 love your color changes on “Snow” much richer looking. Spring Hare is also in my basket....Happy Easter to you🌷
ReplyDeleteSpring Hare is just darling! Oh I just love Parchment Tapestry.
ReplyDeleteOh love the Snow piece Andrea, such a sweet little bunny in your drawn thread piece. I try and stitch a different design each night but it doesn't always work . I keep getting more too what is to become of me. I need threatening with a big stick lol. Have a good Easter you too, it is the hockey festival in Weymouth this weekend and it always rains ,so not expecting to get out in the garden, will just have to sit inside and stitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat super projects you shared, Andrea! I really like your Snow finish especially the subbed red floss.
ReplyDeleteOh, I absolutely LOVE the La D Da Hare, Andrea! I have always meant to stitch him, too, but somehow he keeps eluding me :) And your DT Spring Welcome is lovely. I have this chart but not the threads--need to work on that. Congratulations on your latest ornament finish--beautiful stitching and finishing as always :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you!
your stitching is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lot of great stitching, Andrea. I love the Drawn Thread piece, this little bunny is so sweet. And the flowers in Parchment Tapestry also give you a feeling of spring.
ReplyDeleteGood that you had already stitched Snow and just had to assemble it. And I hope there will only be rain and no now today for you.
Sweet bunny on the Drawn Thread... but then again I do have a thing for bunnies!
ReplyDeleteSuper snow finish, lets hope the weathermen are wrong and we get some spring sunshine instead of the predicted yeuck.
Happy Easter
Each piece is so adorable. I love everything Drawn Thread and am a big fan of Rosewood Manor as well. Nice finish on snow too. I like your color substitution. It’s perfect.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful stitching Andrea, I couldn't pick out any one I like more than the others! I love the idea of only having 3 WIPs, that would be my dream.
ReplyDelete