26 April 2018

April - End of Month Round Up

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

How are you all? Good I hope. Last week we had a few days of lovely warm weather - t-shirts, suncream, sandals - but now we are back in the midst of cloud, rain showers and below average temperatures. Where is Spring? The seasons are certainly testing us so far this year here in the UK at least.
 
Just before I get on with the stitching post I wanted to say a big thank you for all of your comments. I love reading them. Please know that I do reply to your comments but unfortunately now and again a few do keep bouncing back and are undeliverable. I have tried to look and I think it must be something to do with the settings. I suspect it has happened during an update. So sincere apologies until I sort it out.
 
-oOo-

I'm trying to have at least one piece fully finished a month whether it be out of the finishing pile or one that has just been stitched. Well I have one of each this month. I finished off the last of A Trio of Stitched Blessings by Plum Street Sampler. It is finished just as the other two which you can find on these posts here and here.

 
 
-oOo-
 
As soon as one of my ONS received their order of Market goodies I sent for this one... amongst others ... oops. I think it is ideal piece for Spring / Easter, Hen and Chicks by With Thy Needle & Thread. I did change some of the colours due to either not having them or they didn't work colour-wise. You will be able to see the full colour changes with the project info under the photo. The WDW Light Khaki is used in it's own right mainly for the hens but I also used it instead of GAST Buttermilk. It seemed such a close match and my skein of WDW Light Khaki has shadings of light yellow anyway. Although I did use the colours that were charted for the hens I did swap the colours around so I think I had 2 that were in DMC 3782 instead of just the one. For the handmade cording I used WDW Teal Frost so it would be an exact match to the dress.
 

 
Hen and Chicks - With Thy Needle & Thread.
36ct Mushroom/Light Mocha Edinburgh.
(Fabric colour looks a bit washed out in photo)
 
Used the recommended threads except:
 
DMC 645 instead of WDW Pelican Grey.
GAST Pomegranate instead of GAST Ruby Slippers.
CC Pea Pod instead of CC Mossy.
DMC 920 instead of Valdini Cinnamon Swirl.
WDW Light Khaki instead of GAST Buttermilk.
 
Handmade cording in WDW Teal Frost.
  
-oOo-
 
I have also had some stitching finishes. Welcome Spring by The Drawn Thread was finished at the end of March but didn't make my end of March round up. This is a beautiful piece especially in the silks which gives it a lovely lustre. Having stitched a lot of The Drawn Thread I have built up quite a collection of silks and Cynthia Zittel does tend to use the same colours throughout her pieces. Although I love the bunny, the basket of eggs is my favourite motif on this one.

  
 


 
Welcome Spring - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Antique Lambswool Permin/Wichelt Linen.
Used recommended NPI, Dinky Dyes, Threadgather/Silk'n'Colors silks.
 
-oOo-
 
I have no excuse for stitching this next piece except I couldn't wait until May ... although it's not too far away now. I had planned to start this in May but it was in my stitching basket and  .... well ... I fancied a change. This is the Simply Summer by The Drawn Thread. I'm stitching the seasons all on one piece of fabric. I think the bees took me as long to stitch as all of the rest of the piece put together. I'm not making any prediction this time about when I'm going to start Autumn!


 
Simply Summer - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Dirty Belfast Linen.
Used recommended GAST threads.

 
Simply Spring - The Drawn Thread.
Simply Summer - The Drawn Thread.
 
-oOo-
 
Needless to say I haven't stitched an awful lot on Parchment Tapestry. Another couple of motifs have been added and some outlining of them so I will leave that until next time.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ........

23 comments:

  1. All your finishes are lovely! I especially like the Drawn Thread pieces as she is one of my favorite designers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what beautiful stitching and your finishing is just so wonderful.
    Love the designs you are and have worked on.
    Where has the lovely weather gone too, it's April showers here.
    Enjoy your day hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, your needle and thread has been busy during April. What super pieces you have stitched! I like your 'Simply' sampler that you are working on. Your stitching is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Drawn Thread pieces, the colours and designs are just beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you have been stitching such wonderful pieces! Hen and Chicks is just darling! Welcome Spring is so very pretty. And Simply Spring and Summer, well, how fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Drawn Thread is absolutely gorgeous Andrea! I have just purchased the Hens and Chicks pattern, looking forward to stitching this lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Andrea - I always enjoy your posts. Your stitching is top quality and your finishes are inspiring. Plus we have generally the same tastes as regards designs and styles so I get lots of stash addition ideas reading your blog. DT Spring is especially to my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so many beautiful patterns, and really great finishes.
    Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, your fully finished pieces. And your Drawn Thread stitching is awesome as usual. At the moment I am stitching on Sanctuary and I'm so enjoying all the specialty stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finishes.
    I'm partial to that teal color. :)
    The DT pieces are so pretty also.
    You've been busy!
    The weather here is the same as by you, warm 1 day, cold the next.
    We still had snow last week. :(
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pieces, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing the Trio of Stitched Blessings, plus the Hen and Chicks one! You always do such excellent work! Your Drawn Thread pieces take such patience to make, and there they are--finished! Well done, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finishes Andrea. I hope it warms up soon for you. Have a great weekend.🌻

    ReplyDelete
  15. A busy April, so many pretty things.
    Hens and Chicks is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your pieces are beautiful. I love that hens and chick design. Thank you so much for sharing your color changes. They are all so pretty, I could not choose a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've done it again, Andrea--enabled me with your BEAUTIFUL Drawn Thread stitching. I think I have the Spring Welcome piece, but not the threads. That is always why I don't end up stitching theses as I don't ever have the suggested threads. And that basket of eggs is so very beautiful--really love everything about this one! Hens and Chicks is adorable, too--love that Teal Frost cording.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful stitching with us (even if you do end up making me spend more money on charts :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have some beautiful finishes! You are inspiring me to get out my Simply collection and dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so many pretty finishes! Love your Simply summer
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always, your stitching is beautiful and perfect! I’m looking at all these photos, and the colors really stand out! They are just so pretty! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've been so prolific this month!!! My favorites are the first "Goodness & Plenty" and the Spring/Summer. The bees may have been unending, but from here it looks SO worth it! I like the dense-yet-spaced look of these pieces. Looking forward to seeing Autumn, whenever that may be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many beautiful pieces Andrea. I love that the changing seasons are reflected in your stitching. We share so many favourite designers so it's always a joy to see stitched up the things I dream of stitching :-) I'm so much slower nowadays. I love Welcome Spring. DT is a real favourite and Simply Summer is so pretty. Let's hope the seasons begin to change to reflect your stitching....haha!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.