We are still enjoying this beautiful weather, but I fear it will have to come to an end soon. It is warm today but the sun has yet to make an appearance.
Thank you for all your comments on my blog and on my new Instagram account. I'm really having fun with with it … and learning a lot.
I do have a couple of finishes I would like to share today.
My first is a FFO from Plum Street Samplers called Serial Bowl Collection of Sampler Lessons - Lesson Three. It's a sweet design with a theme of bees. I used the called for threads in either the hand-dyed or the DMC alternative. You may notice a slight change in my stitched piece and the one that Paulette designed. Now you know how the USA and UK have different spellings of words, well I thought long and hard about the word "labors". Should I change it? Would it be right? Would the designer mind? In the end I had to spell it with the extra "u" as we would in the UK … and hoped Paulette wouldn't mind. I did have to push the birdhouse in the middle of the piece over to accommodate the bee to the left of it. I love the colours though, who would of thought to put a lilac/purple with the neutrals of the piece. So pretty.
Serial Bowl Collection of Sampler Lessons ~ Lesson Three - Plum Street Samplers.
40ct Mushroom Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended DMC or hand-dyed threads.
-oOo-
As you know one of my favourite designers is The Drawn Thread and I can't go long without stitching something by Cynthia. The theme of bees continues with this design called Let It Bee. It's a smallish design only measuring 6" x 4" on 32ct fabric.
Let It Bee - The Drawn Thread
32ct Antique Lambswool Permin/Wichelt Linen.
Used recommended Dinky Dye Silks and Soie Perlee thread.
-oOo-
Lastly for this post. I have one ready for the Halloween season. Oct 31st by With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais is now a stitching finish. I don't think I have ever frogged so much or changes so many colours in a design. I will try and list the threads / colours I used below. The majority are the threads called for but the asterisk ones are the threads that I have added (I think!).
Classic Colorworks
Perfect Piecrust
Weeks Dye Works
Straw
Pelican Gray
Pecan
Olive
Sage
Tiger's Eye
** Parchment - Witch Apron
Gentle Art Sampler Thread
Pumpkin Pie
Woodrose
Cinnamon
Wheat Fields
Toasted Barley
Toffee
** Carriage Black - Witch Dress and Lettering
DMC
** 3781 - Trees
** 3799 - Body of Birds
** 310 - Wings of Birds
Oct 31st - With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais.
40ct Wren Picture This Plus.
Threads used - listed above.
-oOo-
So until next time ……..

Lovely stitches, Andrea! I think my favorite is the one by The Drawn Thread. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLesson Three turned out so very nice. I really love Let It Bee! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy with your needle and thread!
ReplyDeleteLet it bee is stunning :)
Squee! All the lovely stitching! I say, your stitching - your choice! I think your version looks great.
ReplyDeleteYour Bee finish is very, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful stitching ,Love all the bees ones and the Autumn one .
ReplyDeleteHere it is still just too hot to do any thing .
It's the best summer we have ever had .
I hope you won't go missing from blog land I would miss you .
I don't do Instagram or face book .
Enjoy your day hugs .
I love the Drawn Thread bee design, it is so exquisite, I will be looking out for that one to add to my stash. I too would have added the 'u' in labour, I am sure the designer wouldn't mind as you have to make it work for yourself and be happy with it completely. I always change something in every piece I stitch, I might add or subtract a motif, or change a few colours, I just like to make them mine. x
ReplyDeleteThese are all so lovely - let it bee is my fave. :)
ReplyDeleteOh I love bee stitches are your two are just lovely. Thank you for sharing your work.
ReplyDeleteI really like your work, your finishes. I especially like the motive with the bees.
ReplyDeleteHugs Martina
Congrats on your great finishes.
ReplyDeleteLet It Bee is so pretty with it's soft colors.
Marilyn
Lovely finishes. I like them.
ReplyDeleteUnos bordados preciosos!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your Bee projects; I have stitched Let it Bee and have the Plum Street in my stash--oh for more stitching time!!! The Halloween piece is wonderful!
ReplyDeletePS I'm sure Paulette will be tickled with your change!
Your bee stitches are stunning!! I love the Plum street sampler and I can imagine the designer would be happy with your adaptation. The Drawn Thread is lovely, the border on it is so very pretty. I love your Oct 31st. That is on my list to buy as my niece was born on Oct 31 and she can't get enough of Halloween decor. I"m looking forward to seeing how you finish her. Mary
ReplyDeleteStunning! Love the Drawn Thread one, so delicate
ReplyDeleteI would have changed the spelling of labor too to reflect the correct spelling in your country!
ReplyDeleteLove the bee piece. Such texture with the specialty stitches.
All of the stitching is beautiful. I love the witch and thank you for sharing your color changes!
ReplyDeleteYour adaptation is so good no one would ever know you'd had to move things around! I just love the colours in it. The Halloween piece is stunning. Don't you find some pieces just run into issues from the word go? If I have to frog something once you can guarantee it will happen again on the same piece.
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching Andrea. I especially love "Let it BEE". I just put that one on my wish list for the near future. Great adaptation with the word change too. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteYour bee pieces are both so lovely, Andrea--and I really love the soft purple in that first one. Your spelling of "labours" looks much more classy than ours :)
ReplyDeleteYour Halloween piece is so adorable--thank you for including your conversion! It came out just perfect on the 40 ct Wren fabric!
Everything looks great. I was just looking at The Drawn Thread pattern the other day. I love yours.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, what a lovely post. I love a bee theme and yours are especially eye catching. Like yo,u I would have changed the spelling. As a retired English reacher, I have a struggle not to correct everyone's spellings...haha! It's a hard one with American spellings vs UK but I'm sure the designers wouldn't object.
ReplyDeleteDrawn Thread is one of my favourite designers too. I love the pretty delicate lacework effect of this and the colours are so soft and vintagey.
Isn't funny how some designs are determined to be hard work! But your Halloween finish is perfect. Another favourite of mine....but then, all of your work is, Andrea :-) xx
Beautiful stitching! LOVE the bee piece!
ReplyDelete