7 August 2018

Merry Christmas!

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

This is Merry Christmas! by With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais. Isn't it cute? Can you see Rudolf's red nose? I started stitching it on the called for 28ct Mushroom Lugana but I didn't like it …. don't ask me why as I have stitched other designs 1 over 1 on 28ct. So I switched to 40ct platinum Newcastle linen. It's not that much bigger and is still suitable to be made in to a pillow finish.
 
 

 
Merry Christmas! - With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais.
40ct Platinum Newcastle linen.
Used recommended hand-dyed threads.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ……..
 

 
 

22 comments:

  1. So cute. Sometimes it is better to change put the linen. Happy August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish! My favorite part is the reindeer! I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've finished another lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful Andrea , cute design .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely, Andrea. Like you I would rather stitch on 40 ct than over one on 28. I think it's that the linen surrounding the stitched piece looks different. I can't wait to see it finished into a pillow. Your finishes are always stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet, I love the clean simplicity of this design. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very nice motiv, i love it.
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats is lovely Dawn , I also noticed Santas heels lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stitching. I have never stitched on 40 count. Is it more difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! And your fabric choice too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, I love Brenda Gervais designs and this is one I have to add to my list. I love the colors and that platinum Newcastle linen is such a pretty color. Your stitching is perfect!! Looking forward to seeing your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the cute finish Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is so darling, Andrea! I love it on your platinum linen, too. I have used 28 ct. mushroom lugana for a couple of tiny things lately and wasn't that fond of it either. Can't say why, though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it as I always love your stitching and your choice of patterns. This is an adorable pattern and the colors are so vivid and great too. What is the red you used...it's such a clear and perfect red. I just bought a big piece of the mushroom 28 ct. lugana for a big project and now I'm worried. I too am a big fan of 40 ct. stitching and think platinum is such a lovely color. Great choices. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  15. A truly lovely stitch - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute stitch Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely design that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your stitching is beautiful on that tiny count! Just love that design.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.