I have been in finishing mode today. But I did want to put a post together for one particular finish. Like most of you I watch Priscilla and Chelsea on Flosstube. A wonderful mother and daughter team, lots of banter, lots of gardening, recipes, stitching, finishing, Ronnie, Calvin and now baby Cash. If you don't know what I'm on about go look, you won't be disappointed, they will brighten your day, for sure. Priscilla continues to be a blogger which you will find here.
Now I love Priscilla's finishing, things you wouldn't even think about using, she uses ….. however it's not my style. But there was a finish last year and she re-showed it this year of Sunflowers in Summer by Country Cottage Needlework. I wanted to re-create it. I am overjoyed with how it turned out.
Remember I am in the UK, so to re-create Priscilla's finish I used a few supplies from Hobbycraft. The wreath is a 12" (30.5cm) Rattan Grapevine Wreath [@ £3.00] and 3 Sunflower Stems [@ 99p each]. I was pleasantly surprised with the sunflowers as the heads just pull off so no sawing off the heads. I fixed it all together with silicone-free glue gel.
Sunflowers in Summer - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Tea/Coffee Dyed Light Mocha Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended threads.
-oOo-
So a huge thank you Priscilla for your finishing ideas and to you and Chelsea for all of the time and effort you put in for the videos.
Until next time ……..
Oh Andrea, I love your wreath that you created. You stitched piece is gorgeous and I really like the fabric you tea/coffee dyed for it. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteYour finish is darling! Well done!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! I love the ladies on FlossTube as well. ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the gorgeous finish Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Your wreath turned out great! I LOVE P&C too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a very pretty finish! Plus, I love the stitched design. I too, love to see all of Priscilla's ideas!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beauty, Andrea.
ReplyDeleteA super finish Andrea!
ReplyDeleteChe bello!!!!!!! 😍😍😍
ReplyDeleteYour new sunflower wreath looks great. Wonderful finish.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I love your stitched piece, another one I haven't seen before that will have to be added to my every growing to purchase list. Great finishing!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
This is a gorgeous finish, and I especially love the sunflower design, it is a new chart to me. x
ReplyDeleteGreat finish. Love it!!
ReplyDeleteThe motif is gorgeous, and the graduation perfect. It just goes great together.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Martina
I love your little finished piece with the wreath and the sunflowers.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous wreath!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea to finish off.. they all come along together so beautifully
ReplyDeleteFabulous finish, perfect for the Autumn months.
ReplyDeleteQue precioso trabajo!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful finish. I imagine it took quite awhile and patience to achieve this.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, you always do such lovely work and this is no exception. Love your wreath and the sweet stitch. You did a perfect job. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDelete