6 October 2018

Updated Finishes and New Finishes

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I have been trying hard to finish pieces as I stitch them. It used to happen way back when, but over the past few years … well ... it has lapsed.
 
In my last post I had finished Snow Day by Country Cottage Needleworks ( here ). Well on a day out I found a small Christmas decoration which was cheap and easy to pull apart. So I put together a bit of an embellishment to accessorise the piece more. Now I think it's finished.

 
Snow Day - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Mushroom (Light Mocha Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended threads.
 
-oOo-
 
I have managed to stitch and finish my Christmas ornament for September last weekend. It is a piece from The Prairie Schooler Book 48 - A Christmas Visit. Over the past years I have stitched the others and this was the final one. I finished it in a diamond shape as on the booklet. Now on to the October ornament.

 
Lantern - The Prairie Schooler.
Book 48 - A Christmas Visit.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Used recommended threads.
 
-oOo-
 
I know I put this stitched finish on IG but not here but I have now a fully finished piece of Witches Night Out by With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais. I loved stitching this although I did swap the Classic Colorworks Pumpkin Harvest for Weeks Dye Works Daylily. My Pumpkin Harvest was very light and the Daylily seemed more like the photo on the chart. The cording is made with DMC 922 which matched quite well with the Classic Colorworks Colonial Copper.
 
 
 
Witches Night Out - With Thy Needle and Thread /Brenda Gervais.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Used recommended threads except:
WDW Daylily instead of CC Pumpkin Harvest.
Handmade cording DMC 922.
 
-oOo-
 
Short and sweet today. I have 2 WIPs on the go at the moment, Welcome Autumn by The Drawn Thread and Tis The Season by Blackbird Designs. Both of them are nearing completion. Hopefully I will have some news about them next time. Also I have a new start ready for next week, Ghoul Tidings by Plum Street Samplers. My fabric hadn't arrived in time for me to start on IG's Witchy Wednesday, so that will be this coming Wednesday.
 
Until next time ……..
 

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finished finishes, Andrea! I love the added touch to the snowman piece. Your PS ornament is wonderful; you can't go wrong when choosing a PS design. Your finished witch stitch is cute. I look forward to seeing what you pick for your October ornament. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes! Girls Night Out is wonderful! I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,
    I like your work very well, especially the different finishes.
    Have a nice sunday, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stitching Andrea , and your finishing is always perfect .

    Enjoy a lovely Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful finishes.
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finishing. It is the part I do not look forward to but am so glad when it is finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All great finishes, but I love Witches Night Out.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the finishes. I do love to get a piece finished and out of that WIP funk. I love, love, love how you finished them off. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you framed Snow Day so much Andrea. All of your work here is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on all of the beautiful finishes Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little greenery is a perfect accompaniment.
    PS sanras are always so popular and fabulous.
    Sweet little witchy

    ReplyDelete
  12. All finishes so beautiful. My favorite is the snowy day, love how everything has come together

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely finishes Andrea. Love how you added the Christmas decoration to the frame...it made it the perfect finish. Also love your PS Santa...perfectly done. And your witch stitch is adorable...love how you finished it. I always enjoy seeing your finishes. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love the embellishments on Snow Day! The buffalo plaid is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea I am so behind on blogs. You have really done some amazing pieces. Its amazing how we still grow and experiment with pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these pieces are lovely! The Prairie Schooler is so timeless! I don't think there's a single Prairie Schooler chart that I don't like!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.