6 January 2019

Farmhouse Christmas - Little Red Barn - Part One

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

First post of 2019, Happy New Year!
 
So it's back to reality, the holidays are over and it's back to the grindstone of a daily working life.
However we still have the every day pleasures of stitching. I have completed Part One, Little Red Barn of Farmhouse Christmas by Little House Needleworks. This was one of my monthly goals and I am pleased to have this one under my belt. Previously I had been stitching the outer border and the inner borders so I had a head start. There is about 1¾ of the inner border on the second row still to complete. I'm going to leave the bottom ones as I would need to move the scroll rods, so that is for a later date. The red, Classic Colorworks Cherry Cobbler, is so pretty.


 
Farmhouse Christmas - Little Red Barn - Part One - Little House Needleworks.
40ct Raw Newcastle linen.
Using recommended threads except DMC 3865 instead of Classic Colorworks Bamboo / DMC White.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time …...

19 comments:

  1. This is adorable! When completed, this is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finish! Your barn looks super. Cherry Cobbler is a favorite red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a good start and having prepared the borders is an incentive to progress with the fun bit of completing the individual designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, and what a great start, love this design, it's on my list to stitch this year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking beautiful , Love the rich red .
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I love the happy, red colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I love the red too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be so cute. I really love that red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the completion of this first one and keeping on schedule...it’s just beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great start of Farmhouse Christmas, I would like to embroider this year. I like your choice of fabric very well, the colors are very beautiful.
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your start at Farmhouse Christmas is great.
    Can't wait to start my Farmhouse this year.
    Happy New Year and Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be a beautiful project!
    It looks great on that fabric, the red really "pops".
    Can't wait to see more!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really pretty, it will be a wonderful piece when completed
    Happy 2019

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I'll enjoy seeing this project throughout the year, Andrea! I only stitched this first one and the quilt one--not sure if I will do the others or not. I do love that red as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great start, the red does look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This already looks to be a beautiful finish and inspired to make it a whole piece rather than individually. Are you stitching this 1 thread over 2?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is going to be a great finish Andrea. Love that barn and the red is wonderful. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a super project this is. I too love the red and how it pops. You have the best stitching going on. Look forward to seeing more. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.