I had a question on my Farmhouse Christmas - Little Red Barn post here from an anonymous commenter. They asked if it was stitched 1 over 2. The answer is "Yes, I always stitch with one thread on 40ct fabric, mostly over 2 but some charts I have been known to stitch 1 over 1.
-oOo-
I though I would do an update on my 2 WIPs that I have ongoing at the moment. The first sampler which I started on January 1st is Brick House Sampler by With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais. I began in the middle with the house and I'm still working on the house ….. it's a big house!! Once that is done I think it will seem to go a bit faster. This is stitched on Vintage Country Mocha, one of my favourite linen colours.
Brick House Sampler - With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais
40ct Vintage Country Mocha.
Using recommended threads.
Stitching 1 over 2.
-oOo-
Christmas Garden ….. I 💖. I'm using the called for thread, I wasn't really sure at the beginning that that was the correct choice but I do think they are my sort of colours. At one point I was ready to rip out the Fool's Gold but I left it and worked some more and I think everything ties in nicely now. This was my Christmas Day start. It feels like I have stitched quite a bit but I think with the individual motifs it stitches up a lot quicker. This is been stitched on 36ct Antique Ivory Edinburgh. I really wanted this colour linen but they didn't have it in 40ct so had to use 36ct, still 1 over 2 though.
Christmas Garden - Blackbird Designs.
36ct Antique Ivory Edinburgh.
Using recommended threads.
Stitching 1 over 2.
-oOo-
I hope everyone is OK. For those that have snow, I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience. We haven't had any here but further to the north of us they have had a covering. Stay safe and warm.
Until next time ……
Such pretty stitching. I especially like the Blackbird designs piece. x
ReplyDeleteBoth pieces are looking good, Andrea. I really like the colors in Christmas Garden. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteThe Christmas Garden is so pretty. I like the Ivory linen. I have been mulling this one over - it is on my list if I get a few things done I have purchased.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I love your choices in patterns. The house by WTNT is fantastic. I just got done making up a hotel for my French village and this would have made a great one. I wish I had seen it earlier. Love the colors that you used. It's perfect.
ReplyDeleteThe Blackbird designs Christmas Sampler is gorgeous! Another patter I have not seen before. This would make a great SAL. 40 ct. Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle is my very favorite linen too. Love your stitching!!! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
Two great progresses, I am very excited about both motives. I especially like Christmas Garden.
ReplyDeleteKeep on having fun, Hugs Martina
Wonderful progress on your WIPs.
ReplyDeleteWe haven't snow but it is cold outside.
Have a nice new week and a big Hugs, Manuela
Love your WIPs , Christmas garden is looking wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYour brick house is also lovely , always love your work.
Have a lovely week .
Love the brick house sampler - looking forward to seeing the finished article.
ReplyDeleteBonitos diseños, besos
ReplyDeleteBoth are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove that big red house!M
Marilyn
Your 'Heaven and Nature' piece down below is beautiful! Congrats on the finish. I have that one partially finished so seeing someone else finish it is a great boost to get back to it. Your Christmas Garden is looking good as well. Happy Stitching!
ReplyDeleteBoth projects are so pretty. I have had those "big" houses too. Things do seem to go fast after the house is finished.
ReplyDeleteLove both of your projects, Andrea--especially Christmas Garden. Another lover of the 40 ct. Vintage Country Mocha--it works for so many styles of designs and white always shows up so well.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week ♥
Christmas Garden has grown such a lot, its beautiful
ReplyDelete