16 February 2019

Brick House Sampler

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I have a finish to show today of my Brick House Sampler piece by With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais. I should of been working on Christmas Garden today but I was so close to finishing Brick House Sampler up last night that I just had to put a few extra hours in this morning. I'm so pleased with it. I posted my finish on IG and then I saw BrendaS's (@brendasamplerstitcher) framing finish on it … absolutely gorgeous!! You must have a look. I'm so looking forward to having mine framed too. I participated in the SAL on IG which was mentioned by Jen (@jensstitchingniche), #janbrickhousesamplersal.
 
I stitched on 40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle, 1 over 2, using the called for thread except I used DMC 522 instead of GAST Mountain Mist. I didn't have that one in my stash so just substituted for it. The only other changes were on the straight stitches, I changed the stair steps from WDW Oscar to WDW Flatfish and the grass from WDW Olive to WDW Oscar. Somehow I didn't think a green suited the steps except if it were covered in algae! Also there seemed a lot of WDW Olive above the grass line so changed to the darker green shade.
 



 
Brick House Sampler - With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle linen.
Used recommended colours except
DMC 522 instead of GAST Mountain Mist.
Stair steps straight stitches changed from WDW Oscar to WDW Flatfish.
Grass straight stitches changed from WDW Olive to WDW Oscar.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ……...
 

19 comments:

  1. Andrea, perfectly stitched so beautiful your changes in color look fabulous! Love this design in my stash to do...have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful , your stitching always is my friend .
    Enjoy your weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. i can never resist a sampler with house on it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Andrea! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely beautiful!! I like your color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful. When it was framed it will be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looks your Brick House sampler, a beautiful pattern, with great colors. I'm curious which frame you will choose.
    Have a nice sunday. Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful!
    Great stitching.
    I think I am enabled on this piece. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation. The Brick House Sampler looks great.
    Hope you find a right frame.
    Happy Stitching Weekend. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your stunning sampler finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and such lovely colours in it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your stitching, as always, Andrea--beautiful on what is fast becoming my go-to linen :) Enjoy your day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea another lovely stitch. You have such great taste in picking your patterns. This one is going to be another gorgeous finish. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.