Happy February! How are you all? I hope my friends in the USA are safe and warm over there. Brrrrrrrrrr …. I hear it has been a bit chilly, although it makes for some spectacular pictures in the newspapers and on the news..
I'm back to show you my second finish on Farmhouse Christmas by Little House Needleworks, Horsin' Around. I started on February 1st and finished it yesterday. The only change and it was a small change - although it's not too clear on the photo - is that I changed the long stitch on the horse to Classic Colorworks Pebble Beach instead of DMC 3865. It stood out too much if I had left it the off-white colour and I didn't like it.
Farmhouse Christmas - Horsin' Around - Part Two - Little House Needleworks.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Using recommended threads except DMC 3865 instead of Classic Colorworks Bamboo / DMC White.
Farmhouse Christmas - Little House Needleworks.
Part One - Little Red Barn.
Part Two - Horsin' Around.
-oOo-
If you are an Instagram follower of mine you will of seen my disaster on Christmas Garden by Blackbird Designs. I came to stitch the large flower in the top middle of the piece and it didn't meet up. There was an extra stitch somewhere! After a good half hour I found it … in the border. This part would of been stitched on Christmas Day …. and no I hadn't had a drink. LOL - I don't drink … at all, de-caff coffee is the strongest thing I drink. Someone suggested I make a working copy … I do and enlarge it so that I can mark off as I go. I am also endlessly counting from the chart, as I'm stitching, after I stitched the stitches. I really don't know how this fell under the radar. Think I need to go back to school to learn to count!!
So I could of frogged everything to the left of centre or I could of frogged everything to the right of centre, but I couldn't do nothing about it. It's just not me to do that, it has to be correct. Nothing is perfect but I strive to be as close to it as I possibly can. So … I gathered supplies and off I go again. So if you think "I've seen this before", from now on it will be version 2!!
Here's the culprit!!
-oOo-
I have to just tell you about my find in the charity shop. I was soooo excited when I saw it. The box was battered, I did open it expecting to find a used frame but no!! This frame was entirely in it's packaging, not even been put together. I do use these types of frames although I have bought a couple of the easy clip ones recently. Even though this was the sew-on type (I do take the webbing off and just use masking tape) I couldn't leave it, £4.99. New ones are double that. This was effectively a new one, no postage to pay. Result!!
-oOo-
Until next time ……...
Congratulations on the block 2 finish! I am sorry about the extra stitch in your Christmas piece. Good find at the thrift shop! I hope you have a wonderful upcoming week.
ReplyDeleteI hate it when we make a mistake and it's at the start. I usually rip it out or start over with another piece of cloth. Love your find. big hugs
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your frogging. Like you, I am very careful but things do happen. Your farmhouse series looks wonderful stitched all together.
ReplyDeleteAndrea I love your second block of your Christmas Farmhouse. This one is one of my favorites and I'm loving how they look all together. Oh what a terrible shame to not meet up and to only be off by one stitch. I must admit it has happened to me before too and like you I have to rip it out too. What a wonderful find at the thrift store...I need to go shopping with you. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteGreat progress on your Farmhouse Christmas. Manuela and I are starting this month with the first part and I'm really looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteOh that's a pity, but good that you have found the little mistake. So you can certainly correct it.
Congratulations on this bargain.
Hugs Martina
How awful to have to start your BBD piece again, borders drive me nuts, I always dread them not meeting or being out by just a stitch. x
ReplyDeleteWonderful progess on your Farmhouse Christmas. The second block looks great.
ReplyDeleteI have startet the first house from the Farmhouse Christmas. I have a lot of fun to stitch it.
I'm so sorry that you have stitch a mistake in your WIP and hope you can save it.
Big Hugs, Manuela
That was a spot of luck . I found a package of mill hill beads before Christmas , keep looking.
ReplyDeleteLove your stitching always so beautiful , My last stitch on my SAL was round and I am thinking with my luck no way will it join but it did this time.
Have a fun week hugs.
The farmhouse series is looking great.
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm so sorry you weer off, sometimes it only takes 1 simple stitch to throw things out of place.
Hope you are back on track.
Marilyn
How frustrating to find that error. Like you, I would have to correct it.
ReplyDeleteYour charity shop find is a good one.
Andrea I am so sorry about the border.
ReplyDeleteI do love your Horsin' Around block very much!
It has warmed up here a bit, but we are expecting more snow.
Un bonito diseño!!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how very frustrated you are with the original Christmas garden, Andrea--let's hope version 2.0 stitches up smoothly :) It really is a gorgeous design! And your Farmhouse Christmas block 2 looks wonderful--I admire you for having the borders already stitched--now you can just do the fun parts :)
ReplyDeleteHope your February is filled with many more fun finds like that fabulous frame ♥
You'll have to blame the exciting TV schedule on Christmas Day for making the error.... oh no wait a minute, it was rubbish wasn't it!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat charity shop find, bargain price.
Block 2 looks perfect!
Love the second block of Chirstmas Farmhouse ! I'm far behind with this piece.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the mistake in the border.