14 March 2019

Spring Things

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I am here today to show you a finish. I had no plans to stitch Basketful of Spring Time by With Thy Needle & Thread / Brenda Gervais at this moment in time but I just needed 'Spring'. I know a lot of us are ready for Spring but it just doesn't feel like it at the moment.
 
This was a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I really don't like changing colours to what the designer has charted for but sometimes it has to be done. I had stitched all of the green in GAST Baby Spinach but didn't like it so it all came out. If I had had enough of an older skein I would of been happy but the new skein was just so different. I tried to mix it but didn't work. I thought I would be changing a lot more but in the end it was just a few.
 
Threads as recommended except:
 
WDW Fawn - used CC Eggshell.
GAST Melon - not used, just chose a pink.(1 stitch for rabbit's nose).
GAST Baby Spinach - used CC Eve's Leaves.
GAST Raspberry Frost - used DMC 3861 (didn't want variegation on banner).
 
I also stitched Smyrna Crosses instead of Algerian Eyelets.
 
For the cord that the rabbit is holding, I plaited a length of thread ( 3 pieces x 2 single threads).
 
 
Basketful of Spring Time - With Thy Needle & Thread / Brenda Gervais.
40ct Summer Khaki Newcastle Linen.
Threads as above.
Dames of the Needle chenille trim in Not White.
 

 
I even put the date on … and a ray of sunshine came out!
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ……..

12 comments:

  1. IT turned out beautifully Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    A pretty pattern, I like the color changes very well, it fits everything together great.
    And I have to remember the idea with the year, very nice.
    Have a nice weekend, Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Easter stitch love it .
    A wonderful finish and love the back too.
    Spring will soon be with you , here Spring is every where but the gales are so bad we have one more tomorrow then I am hoping to enjoy the garden again.
    Have a lovely Friday and weekend hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute & Springy!
    I think everyone is tired of Winter.
    It was a brutal one.
    Happy Spring!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well for all the trouble, the finish is darling Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely finish, Andrea! I like the changes you made. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spring finish is adorable, Andrea! I bought this chart, too, but doubt I'll get to it this year--we'll see... I seem to end up changing colors on a lot of the WTN&T designs to get them to look like the photo on the chart.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your finish! Like you, I don't like to change colors. It's just not enjoyable to me. I just want to stitch. I also don't like buying over dyed cotton for just one stitch either!

    I like in Florida and I can't complain about winter other than it seems like we are going from a Florida winter right into summer. Our AC has been on for a while. Typically it's off and on through winter but we get some time in the spring where it can be off and so can the heat. That doesn't seem to be happening this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I love the color changes. I had the same problem with GA endive, bought a few new skeins and the colors were very different than the one I had and liked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely finish. I like your colourchange.
    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty Easter finish, your colour changes look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't Basketful of Spring wonderful? I love this stitch and really enjoyed stitching it especially the eyelet stitch. I love how you finished yours...great job as always. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.