Oh I can't tell you how pleased I am to have this finished, Christmas Garden by Blackbird Designs. Once the motifs were complete, the wording took no time at all. I found out my family history, something that I had looked in to very briefly about 10 years ago, and stitched my maternal line as Blackbird Designs had suggested. Obviously there are my initials, my Mother, Grandmother and Great-Grandmother. I did have a name down for my Great-Great-Grandmother but I wasn't certain of it and I couldn't find a maiden name anyway, so I opted to put the date in that space. I quite like the idea of adding ancestors to pieces as long as they are not reproduction samplers.
This one was stitched on 36ct Antique Ivory Edinburgh linen, love the colour of this linen, I'm just sorry my ONS doesn't have it in 40ct. All the recommended threads were used. At first I wasn't convinced of the colours, well the skein colours I had, but everything worked out just fine. The only drawback was I had to re-start and you can read about that, in this post here. All that remains is to get it framed.
Christmas Garden by Blackbird Designs.
36ct Antique Ivory Edinburgh linen.
Used recommended threads.
Started 25 December 2018.
Re-started 30 January 2019.
Finished 20 April 2019.
-oOo-
Until next time …...
Congrats on your beautiful finish.
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to put in Family initials to a stitched piece.
Marilyn
This is so beautiful, congratulations on a wonderful finish
ReplyDeleteHello Andrea,
ReplyDeletecongratulation on this wonderful finish.
The Christmas Garden Sampler is gorgeous.
Next year I will stitch it too.
Happy Easter my friend. Manuela
Your Sampler is quite beautiful Andrea and so special to personalize it with your maternal lineage - quite a keepsake.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful piece Andrea; the colors are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea your finish is absolutely stunning!
ReplyDeleteAndrea I am so pleased for you! This is just gorgeous! Well done my friend!
ReplyDeleteWow just beautiful , another lovely stitching piece and a lovely keepsake .
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your holiday .
Congratulations! So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning finish, Andrea! This sampler has a beautiful color palette. Enjoy the coming week!
ReplyDeleteChristmas Garden is such a beautiful motif. I am really excited. And not only me, Manuela too. And so we want to stitch it together next year.
ReplyDeleteA nice idea to bring your family in. I'm curious for what frame you decide.
have a nice Easter Monday, Hugs, Martina
This is beautiful, and just so special having the initials of so many family members added. This will certainly become an heirloom piece. x
ReplyDeletePrecioso diseƱo, FELICES PASCUAS
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAndrea, This is just gorgeous and I am looking forward to starting this beautiful stitch. I love that you used your maternal line for the initials. Hope you post a photo of it framed too! Mary
ReplyDeleteAndrea this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it so much. We are planning this one for our next SAL and I wish we could start it tomorrow. Seeing yours makes me want to start sooner. I can't wait to see it framed. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous finish, Andrea, and your personalization makes it even more special! Glad you started over and kept at it--well worth all those hours of stitching :)
ReplyDeleteA truly lovely finish. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteA lovely keepsake of the ladies in your family, very pretty finish
ReplyDeleteYou have to love Blackbird design, I know it looks beautiful in real life.
ReplyDelete