19 April 2019

Tulip Festival

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I am so glad this is the start of a long weekend, I have so much to catch up on. I apologise for the lateness of replying to emails, but I thank you all for your kind comments.
 
-oOo-
 
So I have a stitching finish. I started Tulip Festival by With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais towards the beginning of the month and finished it a couple of days ago. Of course there are changes ….. Weeks Dye Works Whitewash was changed to DMC 3865, I didn't use Gentle Arts Sampler Thread Woodrose (1 stitch) using a pinky part of Classic Colorworks Tennessee Red Clay instead and lastly the problem of the Valdani thread. I left the bunny until the end and then went through my overdyed threads. I picked out two with what I thought would be OK but Classic Colorworks Onion Skin was the best colour match to the chart photo. I'm still not sure about the bow around her neck. I did stitch up and down on the upright tulips and obviously across on the horizontal ones. 
 
 
Tulip Festival - With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais.
40ct Platinum Newcastle linen.
Used mainly recommended threads except:
DMC 3865 instead of WDW Whitewash.
CC Onion Skin instead of Valdani 852.
Did not use GAST Woodrose.
 
-oOo-
 
I'm back to working on Christmas Garden by Blackbird Designs. So close to finishing, a couple of letters left and the personalisation.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time …..    HAPPY EASTER!!! 

15 comments:

  1. Tulip Festival is quite lovely Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulip Festival turned out great, Andrea. I really like the way you stitched the tulips. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Love the tulip stitch , so cute and yet beautiful.
    Have a lovely restful Easter .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulip Festival is a great subject, I like it. The tulips look so splendid.
    Happy Easter, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finish looks wonderful. The tulips are so beautiful. I love the colours for the flowers.
    Happy Easter, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice.
    Love her blue dress.
    Happy Easter!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very Happy Easter to you too. What a beautiful tulip bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finish! I love your color selections. I need to be more proactive about doing the when overdyed floss doesn't seem to match the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tulip Festival is fantastic Andrea. I missed it earlier because we had a terrible storm here and lost power from Good Friday morning until Easter but happily we are back in order now. Hope your Easter was lovely. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't she darling! I love the tulips and colors in this piece, Andrea! Another adorable finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect Easter finish, its delightful

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.