How are you all? I have been enjoying two days of leave this past Thursday and Friday. Sooooo good not to go to work. LOL.
I have had a couple of finishes. My DMC did arrive quickly and I finished off Merry Friend by Plum Street Samplers. Some of the trees look quite turquoise on the chart but in fact those particular ones are DMC 3052 (can't remember what the recommended hand-dyed was).
Jack's Sweet Shoppe - Merry Friends - Plum Street Samplers.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Used recommended hand-dyed or DMC threads.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
My second finish was Baby It's Cold Outside by Heartstring Samplery. I love this piece. I did ask my ONS to get it for me as I couldn't find it anywhere so I am more than pleased that she did that. I stitched it on 40ct Vintage Country Mocha instead of the called for fabric. The house makes the piece I think. All the same red thread colour but because it is stitched in a variety of ways it looks a little different.
Baby It's Cold Outside - Heartstring Samplery.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle linen.
Used recommended hand-dyed threads.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
Until next time …..
Both are fabulous. But I have to say my favorite is the My Heartstring piece. Love the house and love it on the vintage country mocha linen!
ReplyDeleteBoth of the finishes are just wonderful. That Santa on skates is so cute and of course, baby it's cold outside is one of my favorite mugs(designs)!
ReplyDeleteWonderful stitching , love your new projects .
ReplyDeleteLooks like you enjoyed your free days .
Have a lovely new week hugs.
Hello Andra.
ReplyDeleteYou were very busy. Both finishes are so beautiful.
Enjoy the week.
Santa turned out nice, and the Heartstring is so pretty with that red house.
ReplyDeleteCant wait to see how you finish Santa.
Have a great week!
Marilyn
These are lovely, I am always partial to a chart with snowflakes. x
ReplyDeleteI love those finishes. The house on "Baby it's cold outside" is amazing.
ReplyDeleteLot of lovely stitching happening on your days off, they looks super.
ReplyDeleteLove both of your new stitches Andrea. I have stitched Jack's Sweet Shop and enjoyed it but I have not finished it yet. It's still sitting in my plastic box of unfinished stitches. I have not done Baby it's cold outside but love it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting both finished. I really need to start Jack's sweet shop, I just love a skating Santa. Baby it's cold outside is beautiful...that house was certainly alot of stitching!
ReplyDeleteWonderful stitching Andrea, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteBoth of your finishes are really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThese are both just darling, Andrea--I so love that tiny snowman that is decorating the tree! And the Heartstring Samplery finish is great--I am in love with 40 ct. Vintage Country Mocha--think I need to start ordering it by the yard I've been using so much of it :) Enjoy your last few days of July!
ReplyDeletePiekne
ReplyDelete