I've had to submit the energy meter readings so I thought I would put up a blog post .... in I don't know how long!!
I have a stitching finish, a fully finished and a work in progress. So a bit of everything.
-oOo-
The first to show is a finish of Jane Marshall 1857 by Hands Across The Sea Samplers. I bought it when it was in aid of the fireman tackling the awful fires in Australia. I eventually started it but the colours just didn't do it for me, so I tried to put together my own conversion. Well that didn't work out and so it was put back into the "to start" pile. Then I saw a finish by Jane Curriee on IG, it was just perfect, the colours were quite beautiful. She had published her conversion, so I started stitching with those colours and along the way tweaked it here and there. I went with more pink flowers rather than a peachy tone. I stitched it on 36ct My Little Dove linen by XJU Design. It's the first time I had used this linen and it's lovely. I was after a grey and this fabric is a beautiful shade of grey.
If you would like to know what the conversion was that I used please email me (in the sidebar) as it's not a true like for like conversion.
Jane Marshall 1857 - Hands Across The Sea Samplers.
Fabric: 36ct My Little Dove Zweigart Edinburgh linen by xjudesign.
Threads: Used janecurriee(IG) / my own convervsion.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
Next is a stitched piece that I decided to fully finish a couple of weeks ago, Home for Christmas by Plum Street Samplers. The stitching had been completed at the beginning of this year having put the first stitches in it as my Christmas Day start. I copied how it was finished on the chart photo and I would say it is an oversized pillow.
Home for Christmas - Plum Street Samplers.
40ct Birch Zweigart Newcastle linen.
Used DMC 168 for the urns, GAST Garden Gate for the borders, WDW Brick for the house /flowers. Otherwise the recommended colours were used.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
Now for my WIP. I am LOVING the process of stitching this beauty. I can't tell you how beautiful the colours are. This is Newcastle Bouquet by Teresa Kogut. Stitched on 36ct Straw WDW (Zweigart based) linen. The chart calls for 40ct but I couldn't get it here in the UK, only 36ct available at the time. So, yes, it does fit on a FQ of 36ct fabric. I am a little further along than these photos show and I am itching to get back to it now, it's waiting on my floor stand as I'm typing.
Newcastle Bouquet - Teresa Kogut.
36ct Straw WDW (Zweigart based) linen.
Using recommended threads.
Stitching 1 over 2.
-oOo-
Until next time .....




Oh your stitching is beautiful! I especially love the Teresa Kogut's sampler. It's just gorgeous! I stitch on either 28 or 32 count linen, so I'm thankful that those counts have so many beautful colors. I'm still working on The Christmas Garden by BBD. I'm hoping to have it done in the spring so I can get it framed for next Christmas. Have a fun stitchy week!!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to read your blog post today, Andrea--we've missed you here in blogland :) Oh, what lovely stitching--that Newcastle Bouquet is absolutely stunning. I do love pieces with cardinals featured! Such a pretty pillow and sampler, too.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I fear we are all in this for the long haul... sigh! Take good care now ♥
Love both of the finishes. I have looked at that Plum Street several times, I really like it. I bought the Australian sampler too. But have not started it. Good to see your blog post. I always love seeing what you are up to.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you back with your beautiful work .
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty your WIP is.
Love all your stitching .
Enjoy your Sunday.
All of your stitching is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI especially love Welcome Home, it's in my "to do" pile.
Thanks for sharing.
Marilyn
Love your Jane Marshall! Your PSS stitch and finish is beautiful. Your WIP is looking good! Thank you for sharing, Andrea!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely stitching my friend.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately here in America, we are in it for a VERY long haul. No one complies with mask wearing or by rules. :( Makes one wonder how we will ever get over this virus.
So wonderful finishes. I love them.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week. Manuela
That last piece os going to be so pretty. The colors and the pattern are just amazing. I love the sampler too, but the pillow is adorable.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful work, i especially like the Jane Marshall piece. x
ReplyDeleteAndrea, two lovely finishes. I like the substitutions you've made on the Jane Curriee choices. I have emailed you for the conversion you used as I prefer the option of pink rather than beige flowers. I like this sampler so much that I'm thinking of stitching it again on a higher count linen and with this conversion.
ReplyDeleteNewcastle Bouquet is beautiful. I've checked out Teresa Kogut's web page and she has a few designs that have caught my attention :)