21 December 2020

 Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Thank you for all of your recent comments. No snow as yet here but a lot of rain. All my Christmas shopping is done and apart from one has gone to the recipients. In fact it was done quite early as it all came from online retailers. I'm afraid no High Street shopping for me. 

I hope everyone is safe and well.

-oOo-

I have a stitching finish of my one and only Prairie Schooler Santa for this year. This 1995 Santa. I did omit to say on my IG post that I stitched the outer border with DMC 501 and not DMC 3750.


1995 Santa - The Prairie Schooler.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle Zweigart linen.
Recommended threads except outer border is DMC 501 not DMC 3850.
Stitched 1 over 2.

-oOo-

You can just see the year tag on the finished Santa piece which I thought I would include here. I back-stitch the year and then a nuns stitch around the edge. Cutting a couple of threads away from the stitching and you have a small frayed year tag. It will not unravel as the way the nuns stitch is stitched it holds it altogether. I would glue it to the back as it is just going on to cotton fabric.


-oOo-

Until next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.