12 June 2009

Up North!

Firstly a big thank you to all of your wonderful comments about the Just Nan biscornu. Whoever designed the first 15-sided biscornu is a constructive genius. 15 identical sized squares sewn together in a way that makes a beautiful rounded pillow. Brilliant!

Sally asked if it was fiddly to put together. Immediately I was going to say YES! No, honestly, the instructions are very good and as long as you take it slowly step-by-step, especially when it's a first attempt, I think it's OK. The only thing I did find a bit awkward was the part where you have to clip the corners on the inside after you have sewn most of it together. Trying to find which were clipped and which hadn't been done was a bit frustrating for me.

Healthwise...I am fully recovered now from my cold. I haven't had a cold for a long time and especially one coming into summer.

Today I have had a days leave from work as I am going away tomorrow for a weeks holiday. Instead of me rushing around trying to get things organised I decided I'd have the day off and do everything at my leisure. I'm heading up north this year, hence the title of this post, staying just on the outskirts of the Northumberland National Park. I'm hoping for at least one day of good weather as I would like to visit The Farne Islands to see the puffins.

So I shall leave you with where am I up to on Santa of the Forest. Just a couple of days progress from the last time you saw it, but progress nonetheless.


16 comments:

  1. So enjoying watching this piece develop. Glad you're feeling better - have a lovely holiday. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made great progress on this piece, since the last time I saw it! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice trip! Your Santa is looking so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your feeling better :)

    You'll love your trip 'up north' It's full of castles and history. Make sure you go to Lindisfarne, I found some lovely stitching stash last time I went :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santa of the Forest looks fabulous. I stitched this years ago and gave it to my parents. It remains one of my favorites. :) I also loved your Just Nan biscornu. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching, have fun up north and I hope you get to see the puffins. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous. I can't believe how fast you stitch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're feeling better! ay~ how those colds can really bog you down.
    My mouth dropped when I saw your just nan biscornu. One, because it's just drop dead gorgeous, and two, because I know I'd never have the patience and skill to put it together.
    Your Santa of the Forest is looking wonderful~ Hope the weather is in your favor and you have a great time up north! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vacation sounds wonderful....especially seeing the puffins!!

    Beautiful progress on Santa:)
    You really are close to a finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will live vicariously through your 15 sided biscornu finishing :)

    Santa is really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great holiday Andrea. So glad you're feeling better.

    Santa is looking gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Santa is really coming along nicely. The colours in it are so vibrant.
    I hope you have a lovely holiday. The park looks beautiful and I hope you get to see the puffins. I'd hoped to see some when we visited Nova Scotia and New Brunswick a few years ago but no luck. I did get to see whales though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is lovely! I don't think I've ever seen this design before. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea,

    I've just seen your 15 (!!)
    sided biscornu for the first
    time and I am absolutely floored!!!
    It is freaking gorgeous!! What a
    beautiful finish this is. You can
    be justifiably proud of this one
    for sure. I'd love to see this in
    person because I'm sure that the
    photos don't do it justice. You're
    amazing Andrea.

    Santa of the Forest is looking
    spectacular as well. The detail
    in this design is so incredible
    and the colours are gorgeous!!
    Surely in spite of the Christmas
    theme you'll have this one framed
    and hanging up all the time when
    it's done. You can't keep this
    in a closet for 10 months of the
    year. I hope. I know!!! You
    can hang it at your place for
    the Christmas season, and then
    send it to me to hang in my house
    for the rest of the time!! No???
    Oh well, can't blame me for trying.

    Sounds like you've got a wonderful
    vacation arranged and I can't wait
    to see your pictures when you get
    back. Hope the weather is good
    for you and you get to see the
    Puffins.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea, I hope you are having a great time up North. Enjoy the wonderful nature up there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been catching up on my blogs and just saw your 15. Oh I'm so glad that it isn't hard to put together! Now you've inspired me to do mine...someday :) Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.