30 September 2009

The Acorn Sampler

I have a finish!! All done and dusted. :) I have been challenged by this piece and I feel I have achieved something with the little bit of hardanger. I did add some hemstitching to the top border too. It gave instructions for the top to be turned over twice and then oversewn but I decided I would prefer it if the top was the same as the sides. It's ready for the bellpull ends now.

Just for the record here are the list of stitches used:

Band 1 = Double Back Stitch
Band 2 = Acorn Motif 1
Band 3 = Alternating Elongated Upright Cross
Band 4 = Alphabet in Double Running Stitch
Band 5 = Alternating Ray Stitch
Band 6 = Acorn Motif 2
Band 7 = Overlaid Oblong Cross
Band 8 = Double Running Stitch
Band 9 = Woven Stitch
Band 10 = Acorn Motif 3
Band 11 = Fancy Herringbone
Band 12, Step 1 = Double Four Sided Stitch
Band 12, Step 2 = Leaves and Acorns
Band 12, Step 3 = Interior Border
Band 12, Step 4 = Cut Threads
Band 12, Step 5 = Remove Threads
Band 12, Step 6 = Wrap Threads
Band 12, Step 7 = Weave Threads
Band 13 = Fancy Herringbone
Band 14 = Acorn Motif 4
Band 15 = Triple Rice Stitch
Band 16 = Alphabet in Double Running Stitch
Band 17 = Double Back Stitch
Band 18 = Acorn Motif 5
Band 19 = Double Back Stitch
Band 20 = Alphabet in Double Running Stitch
Band 21 = Cross Stitch, Double Faggoting Stitch, Backstitch







The Acorn Sampler (Little Learning Band)
The Drawn Thread.
32ct cream belfast linen.
NPI Silks and beads used as kitted.
Started 19/09/09.
Finished 28/09/09
Finished as a bellpull.

39 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks beautiful. What a fantastic finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOST beautiful, Andrea :) WOW!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Lovely finish! That looks wonderful. I think I need to try a challenging piece such as this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks really beautiul. I think I might have to add this to my wish list!

    What's next on the list?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sighing in pure bliss at the sight of your wonderful finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful finish - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing finish, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful finish Andrea, and good on you for trying out some new stitches, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunningly beautiful!! Absolutely gorgeous, as always Andrea....excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a truly exquisite finsh, Andrea! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. You're a master stitcher for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very nice job. The piece is beautiful and you have a great finished design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The acorn stitchery is beautiful...nice finishing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Anita!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on a fabulous finish! Whew...you really stitched that one up fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very lovely finish - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This turned out lovely. Great photography as well. The care you have taken shows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning, Andrea - simply stunning. And all those different stitches - amazing. I know who to go to now if I get stuck on one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! Such an accomplishment!!! Just look at that long list of sitiches!!!!! It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow it's beautiful. Well done on an amazing finish. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks awesome! Congratulations on a fab finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another exquisite finish Andrea - I love your hemstitched finishing too! I can't wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just perfect and pretty quick too for all those different stitches - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is gorgeous! That one is a must have for me and is going on my wish list!

    Great work!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another absolutely beautiful finish. Enjoy the HD. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous Andrea!! Congratulations! That is something I would truly be proud to hand in my home!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's gorgeous Andrea, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful finish Andrea!! I just love this one! Your Hardanger is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's so delicate looking, another beautiful finish, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow this is gorgeous....I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful finish Andrea. It's so elegant. Simply beautiful.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  32. Andrea,
    it's wonderful!

    Judit

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's an incredible finish Andrea! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Incredible finish!! Such a gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  35. MOST beautiful, Andrea :) WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's stunning, Andrea! I have this piece stitched, but have never actually "finished" it. I'm going to have to finish mine after seeing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.