18 November 2009

I Don't Do Difficult!

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, I appreciate them very much. I notice that a few of you were wondering about the beaded edges. Nothing complicated. Sew a backstitch border around your piece on the front and a back piece. Same size! Trim the edges and turn under.Oversew the edges together. If I'm stitching a beaded edge I usually space them every other stitch. So oversew stitch, oversew stitch with bead, oversew stitch, oversew stitch with bead and so on. As the title says 'I don't do difficult!'

Oh and the charms. I purchased mine at the craft shows at the NEC, Birmingham, although I have bought them before from Sewandso and I have seen them on Ebay (might be under the card-making section).

7 comments:

  1. How funny...I was going to ask about the charms but decided to check eBay last night and voila...they were there so I ordered some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy is often best :)

    You've done lots of lovely ornaments, I wish I could stitch faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea hi,
    I'm fairly new to your blog but now I've found it it's gone straight into my favourites. I love the festive mood you've put us all in with your beautiful ornaments. Hope you've kept a few, at least, for yourself. I know Margaret well and was admiring her lucky win only this morning and asking her about the beaded finish so, thanks for the explanation :>)
    Your latest picture of Edgar's exchange is really lovely.
    Warm wishes Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the how-to on the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you explained how to do the beaded edge as I had been wanting to try it.
    Looking closely at my ornament I did think that was how you'd done it but it's nice to know for sure.
    I will definitely try this as it makes such a lovely finish.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound (and look) of that finish. I wonder if I have time to get some beads and finish my ornie for Angela like that. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The easier the better is what I've always said! And thanks for explaining that beaded edge. I've never done one before and want to on something I'm just finishing!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.