28 February 2010

Back With A Finish

I put the last stitches into The Spirit of Christmas yesterday evening. As I read them, the instructions seemed to suggest to backstitch the tassel and star. I thought I would try and use a straight stitch instead. The tassel looked OK so I went ahead and completed the star too. He'll be framed later in the year ready to hang at Christmas-time. I love the richness of the red but I also love the look of all that deep fur trim.









The Spirit of Christmas - Lavender & Lace.
32ct Natural Belfast Linen.
DMC & Kreinik #4 Braid.
Started: December 1st, 2009.
Finished: February 28th, 2010.

68 comments:

  1. Stunning finish Andrea! The colours are wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly done, love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. I love the color red. This is something for you to look forward to each Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done!!! It´s beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You've done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful heirloom you have created. He is stunning!! You stitched him up rather quickly, too. Congrats on an outstanding finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finish! I love the colors and framed, it will make a stunning Christmas picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Andrea! He's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Congratulations, Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH wow that is gorgeous, congrats hun

    Hugs

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a truly beautiful piece. Well done. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous finish , well done

    ReplyDelete
  14. That piece is just breathtaking. The reds are so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a glorious finish, Andrea--you should be very, very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea - It is absolutely stunning!!! I don't even know what else to say. It's wonderful! The reds in his coat are so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! I agree, the reds are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very pretty Andrea, it is a grogeous finish! Many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He's gorgeous Andrea, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, beautiful. Congratualtions on your finish..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for the finish! It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful, going to be a wonderful decoration for your home at Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
  23. GORGEOUS! It's been lovely to see your progress pics and now that it's done, it is wonderful to see. Thanks for sharing. Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!!!! Beautiful finish!!! Santa looks as if he is about to jump out of the fabric!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful finish Andrea, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful finish! Congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning finish Andrea! Cant wait to see it all framed up.
    LISA V.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, he's gorgeous! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Andrea,

    A stunning finish and a wonderful
    stitching job, as always. What a
    beautiful design this is. It'll
    be a handsome addition to your
    Christmas decor.

    So, what's next???

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is beautiful! Love the red too. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW---I am speechless! But since I clicked on leave a comment I'll try.....the colors and the depth are just beautiful! Can't wait to see it framed. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow your Spirit of Christmas is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's a simply stunning finish Andrea. I like the way you've stitched the tassel and star in straight stitch, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations on such a beautiful stitch. It looks like a difficult one and you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. ....And now I feel really bad for my own santa, sleeping in a plastic bag, without as much as a face or hands to show for himself... I have every intention of picking him up again, though - once I have finished all the other stuff that is keeping me busy!

    Your santa looks absolutely lovely - I hear my santa grinding his teeth for ending up with me instead of with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What an absolutely stunning finish Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations--He's too fabulous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. Andrea Santa is just gorgeous! Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh Wow! Another absolutely stunning finish Andrea. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  41. It's fabulous Andrea! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  42. It's absolutely stunning, congratulations! The red colour is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  43. He looks fabulous! I love the red and the fur trim.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congratulations on a stunning finish! What a gorgeous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful work!!!Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh, Andrea, he's just beautimous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  47. Absolutely beautiful :) I am going to have to stitch this :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Simply gorgeous finish Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Congratulations on your finish, Andrea. He's awesome! I bet you're just thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Late to comment, but as everyone else has said, he is a stunner :)

    Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Congratulations Angela - he is absolutely stunning. You have done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  52. OMG Andrea, he's gorgeous!! That's the Santa of my youth that I remember. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  53. omgosh Andrea! He's lovely! What a wonderful heirloom you have created :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. What beautiful work! I haven't counted cross-stitched in years but after opening up the front page of your site and seeing this beautiful piece I am wanting to pick through my stash and find some forgotten projects.
    Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a spectacular finish - you've done an awesome job of him, and I have to say I've loved watching him grow over time. Congrats!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  56. It is lovely, well done.
    I've discovered your blog, it is a pleasure to read it

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a magnificent finish Andrea.
    You've stitched it so quickly too!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi Andrea. Please visit my blog, I have an award there waiting for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  59. What an amazing and gorgeous finish! I don't know if I could only have that beauty out at Christmas - I believe he'd have to live with me year round. Gorgeous ~ Congratulations. I found your blog via Lisa V. and am so glad I did. You have some beautiful finishes and the mattress tutorial was great! I've added you to my blog roll so that I can come visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Es una belleza!!!
    Me encantò!
    Felicitaciones, un gran trabajo

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.