10 March 2012

March SAL Ornament

I'm done and dusted for this months SAL over at the Christmas Ornaments All Year Round SAL. When I saw this ornament design from Country Cottage Needleworks I knew I would stitch it at some point but the colours just weren't my colours. I'm so pleased with this ornament ... in more ways than one!! Firstly, the colours I chose worked out OK and secondly the blood spillage is hardly recognisable. Oops. Don't ask me how, it's never happened before. Somehow when I was adding the braid, bearing in mind it had took me a week to stitch and then to assemble ornament, I managed to cut my thumb. Don't know ... let's just leave it at that! Top right corner just above the green stitching 2 spots of blood. Run to get a cloth and wet the fabric with cold water. Why couldn't it happen on the back for goodness sake! Dried it off and I don't think you can see it, I know where it's is but nobody else would. Calm ........

 
 
 
 
 
Merry and Bright - Country Cottage Needleworks.
32ct Flax Belfast Linen.
From JCS Ornaments magazine 2010.

Changed to the following colourway:
DMC 420 = same.
DMC 3363 = DMC 3362.
DMC B5200 = same.
WDW Artichoke = DMC 3364.
WDW Peony = DMC 321.
Star changed completely to DMC 729.

Finished as a padded pinkeep ornament.

Posted by Picasa

30 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I love it. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see any blood anywhere but I have had that happen to me before now too! I love that you changed the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful finish1 You are right..can't see any imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Andrea. I love it!
    That edge treatment is beautiful... happy dance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous finish. I love this design and plan to stitch it this year. I can't see any blood, hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty... just as always! Nothing like "putting yourself" into a project. Too funny.

    happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ornament. I have it marked to do. Love the colors you choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ornament! I love your color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable ornament, Andrea, and I'd say the "blood" just personalizes it a bit!! Honestly, I can't see it at all, but I know you'll always remember the incident :)

    Your color changes are perfect as is the fabric you've finished it with!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely ornament - the backing fabric is perfect for it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merhaba arkadaşım ellerine saglık etamin nakışı harika

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's adorable! I love that pattern. You did good with the cleanup, I can't see the blood at all! :D

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely , great stitching and beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, you have made a lovely job of this ornie Andrea. I really like the colour changes you made too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful finish! It turned out lovely. :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful finish Andrea. I can't see the blood either!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ouch! Glad you managed to get the blood out of your lovely ornament. Beautiful design and a great finish.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your ornament is lovely Andrea! May I ask though how wide the braid is and where you get it from? The narrowest braid I've seen is 3/8inch which for the pinkeeps I make I feel is too wide.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello

    Just found your lovely blog.
    You have stitched some beautiful pieces.

    Your ornament finish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your colour changes on this one! It's such a sweet ornament and personally I think these colours suit it better.
    You're right, only you can see the stains. I can just imagine your reaction at the time it happened. I'm so glad it wasn't noticeable on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I didn't know what the original looked like I would never know you changed colors. I like your version a whole bunch! It turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous finish Andrea! Glad it was salvageable after your mishap. Thanks for sharing the conversion. I will have to remember when I get around to stitching this one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it Andrea. Your colour choices are beautiful and your finishing is gorgeous.

    Oh no that is so typical that the blood went on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous finish and the colours look perfect! What is the finished size?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ouch! I hope your thumb is healing well? Your ornament is really pretty. You're right, I can't see where the stain is. Love the ribbon and fabric you used to finish it.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely ornament! Colours are great!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  27. The ornament is beautiful and I love the finishing on it.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.