7 May 2013

I Hate Tansy Flowers

Back to work today after the Bank Holiday weekend. It was glorious in my part of the world and my nose is slightly more pink than usual! Today has been OK but when you're inside it just isn't the same. Usual scenario though, it's going back to being cooler and rainy.

So onto my post title .....

Why does one little flower cause so many problems?

French Knots? I'm OK with them, I don't mind them .... usually. But have they been causing me problems this time? Oh yes!! That is why there are a few flower heads short. I have to do them one at a time over a few days as I get angry with them! I've never had to frog so much. I had to go on to the next section just to save my sanity! Ah well I think there is only about 3 more to go.
 
So this is where I am at the moment, a little bit of progress, this may well take all year at this rate!
 
The Butterfly Garden - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Recommended hand-dyed silks and threads.
 

23 comments:

  1. I really do like this design, it's got such a lovely flow and balance to it. I've admired it for a while now but I know that I wouldn't enjoy stitching it as it's too fiddly a design for me to work on. I'll just keep admiring it from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece is gorgeous and so are your french knots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you for sticking with it! All those French knots would send me screaming into the nearest room where I would shut & bolt the door ... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress Andrea! I don't mind french knots but that many must be tedious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh a knot nightmare but oh so pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely & worth all your effort & your time - honestly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, I really want to stitch this one , it's now on my list to do , maybe one for the new year.
    It rained over night here after the most beautiful sunny two weeks , I feel like I have been on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sooooooo pretty.
    Your French Knots look fine.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. è proprio periodo di fiori, per la primavera questi che hai ricamato tu sono bellissimi.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking beautiful, don't give up, lol. I think that is a great idea doing a few at a time, I think i'd be going crazy with that many.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is absolutely beautiful. So delicate and classy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work, Andrea. I love your blog and lovely stitching.
    I don't seem to have problems with french knots either, maybe because I did candlewicking (now I'm dating myself)
    Drawn Thread is a favorite of mine, too.
    I'm back in blogland and hope you will visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is looking so great! The french knot tansy is very worth it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feeling sorry for you, but your blog title made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your French Knots look great, Andrea! I had to do a piece with 10 of them in the other day and just about went crazy--I finally ended up with "my version" of them and they look acceptable :)

    I so love this piece--hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had been watching your progress. I really like this pattern. I may have to add it to my stash! Looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hate french knots. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not buying more stash until I have used at least half of what I have of the stash I have already. Well that is until I saw your butterfly garden and sorry but all my will flew out the window and I went and bought it. So you are to blame for making me break my resolve lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, they're a pest, I agree - but the result is gorgeous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. awww its lovely and sorry you are having problems with the wee knots ... I actually like doing them find them therapeutic ...lol up one thread hole and wind the silk twice round the needle and go down over a thread and carry on to the next one ... I know I will be mugged for saying I love them hahahahah ... love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty!! Have you seen the new Drawn Thread charts?

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.