I have just returned from my weeks holiday and I'm trying to catch up with everything before going back to the dreaded workplace. No!!!!!!!!! I have been to The Cotswolds and had a lovely relaxing time. The weather was better than expected, the forecast had been for some horrid days. I managed to visit some National Trust properties and Sudeley Castle.
-oOo-
This holiday I did take some stitching with me, which I haven't done for the last few years. I must be back in the swing of things! It was only a small ornament but it kept me occupied. I stitched it on 36ct so it is a bit smaller than it is charted for. I'm hoping to get it finished in the next couple of weeks. I have the next of my Santa's Village series to complete (about halfway through at the moment) and then this will be slotted in.
Christmas Morning - The Sisterhood.
36ct Antique White Edinburgh Linen.
DMC as recommended.
36ct Antique White Edinburgh Linen.
DMC as recommended.
-oOo-
I will try to drop in some photos of my holiday now and again. This first montage was taken at Snowshill Manor. (I was surprised to learn that photographs were allowed in the house as long as you didn't use flash). There was a couple of displays (behind glass so they are a little bit tricky to see) of needlework, samplers and sewing boxes amongst other bits and bobs. To think these were created in the 1800 and early1900s, with little or no light and with such tiny details. I'm sure I must of left a nose print as it was firmly pressed to the glass so I could see all that workmanship.

What a fine ornament you created.
ReplyDeleteThat must have been thrilling to see those lovelies on display!
Your holiday in The Cotswolds sounds wonderful, Andrea--really looking forward to seeing more of your photos...
ReplyDeleteYour newest ornament is so cute--I love how tiny it turned out on the 36 ct. linen.
Beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeletehugs
Maria Filomena
Cute stitch and sounds like a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous ornament. Lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteI love the ornament. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to see the Cotswolds. I'm sure I will one of these days : ) Your ornament is lovely!
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching.
ReplyDeleteGrit
Your ornament looks super cute!
ReplyDeleteHope to see more photos of your holidays!
Lovely stitching.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great time.
Simply beautiful x
ReplyDeleteI love this ornament and yours is stitched perfectly!
ReplyDeleteLovely ornament, congrats! And thanks for sharing the lovely displays.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try some higher count fabrics for my ornaments as yours looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics....your holiday sounds lovely. The Cotswolds is just one of my favorite place in England :)
Oh I love the Cotswolds though not been there for a few years now. The ornament looks very pretty Andrea
ReplyDeleteI love you christmas village !!! Compliments!
ReplyDeleteManuela