29 July 2013

The Butterfly Garden - A Finish!

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,
Another post so soon! I have good news to tell. I have a finish on The Butterfly Garden. I stitched and stitched and stitched over the weekend and I completed the last 2 sections. On the whole I did enjoy it, but it was frustrating at times if I'm honest. All packed away now ready for the framers at some point.
 
 
 
The Butterfly Garden - The Drawn Thread
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Recommended silk and hand-dyed threads.
 

 
And so I will leave you with my own butterly garden, one that was photographed in the garden on Saturday before we had all of the rain, thunder and lightening! A Small Tortoiseshell I am reliably informed by Google!
 

 

53 comments:

  1. Well done! It is beautiful, lovely accomplishment, so nice to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. I want to look up the pattern, read the flower names and plant them in my own butterfly garden! Nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous finish, and a lovely pic of the butterfly in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both "Gardens" are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoooo hoooo! Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Beautiful Garden finish!! I stitched the model for this one and loved it! I hope you will frame it up sooner rather than later and show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your finish! It's beautiful! I've enjoyed following your progress on this design. And what a beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    What a stunning finish.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! That is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing such a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Andrea, so glad you persevered!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DT is fabulous!
    Wow! beautiful garden photo, just like from a magazine. The flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It may have tested you but, my goodness, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your wonderful finish. Looks so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on a lovely finish. A gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful my friend, also beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Andrea it's exquisite a wonderful finish,.I have loved watching this grow. It will be a wonderful addition to your wall xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, that turned gorgeous, just gorgeous!
    Congrats on your finish.
    Great job, and the Butterfly is pretty also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh butterfly garden is stunning. A really pretty piece of stitching ,well done. I have not seen many butterflies in the garden although I did watch the springwatch butterfly programme where it was said the weather has had a lot to do with the low figures.
    Look forward to seeing what you choose to stitch next.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous finish!! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulation to your lovely finish. Your stitching is wonderful.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable garden sampler finish! Congratulations!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on a stunning finish Andrea! So pretty.

    Gorgeous photo of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a glorious finish, Andrea! It really was worth all the extra effort--each stitch looks perfect! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hooray! Good for you. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had fun watching this project progress. It turned out beautifully Andrea! Love your photo of the butterfly too : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations....it's stunnung!

    Carol S. in NH

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on the lovely finish - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Butterfly Garden is beautiful!
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of your butterfly gardens are gorgeous!! Love the stitched one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful finish, Andrea! I love the length of it, too and can't wait to see how it looks framed. Great butterfly pic!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I am sad - obviously thrilled for you to have another beautiful finish BUT I shall so miss each new installment as I have loved watching this one grow. I now have the chart but alas my eyes will no longer let me stitch on 36 count so mine (whenever it gets started) will be stitched on a 32 count.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Andrea! I am trying to do like you and just push to get my current piece finished! Looking forward to seeing yours framed!

    That's a beautiful butterfly. I have never seen one like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my, that's truely a beayuty. Congratulations on thsi wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just gorgeous. You must be really proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow that is gorgeous! I love this finish... now I want this chart lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. How beautifully stitched, Andrea. You must be so pleased with your perfectly lovely sampler finish.

    What a beautiful picture of your butterfly garden with the gorgeous Tortoiseshell butterfly captured in the middle of those lovely flowers.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Butterfly garden is beautiful. I love the colors and multiple techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful!! Did you see the Autumn Garden one!?!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So stunning! You should be so proud of such a wonderful accomplishment!!!!. Your little butterfly friend is a beauty as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congrats of the finish! One of my favorites by The Drawn Thread!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love love love this one - sorry it was a bit frustrating, but worth all the pain for the end result! Awesome :D

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.