12 November 2013

Winter Blues

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

Back to Christmas. I have tried a new-to-me finish for this ornament, one that I have wanted to try for a while. With this piece being a small size, the design working out at 8cm square on 32ct I thought I would have a go. It's nice to do something different for a change instead of the same old, same old.
Of course I had to put my own slant on things with the bow to hide the ends of the cording. I can't tell you how accurately I measured the cording. I only had to cut the knot off, after I had bonded the end. Of course it wasn't measured and was only good fortune that it fitted nicely around the centrepiece.
For the bow itself I pinched the centre together and sewed in place. I just thought it was better that a knot, although it wouldn't of been too bulky, the simple things are usually the best in some cases. Again this is the first time I have tried this method of making a bow ... and it certainly won't be the last.
 Blue House In Winter - Little House Needleworks.
32ct Dirty Belfast Linen.
Used mixture of recommended threads.
From Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2012.
 
 

39 comments:

  1. That looks great.
    Love the blue house and the finish is great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful little ornament.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I have made my bows like this for some time now and I love them lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Blue makes this ornament pop. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Andrea!!! Your stitching and finishing are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab, love it. Your giveraway is in the post enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! The blue fabric plus white ribbon really make the whole finish sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh its beautiful I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the stitching and finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful, and I love how you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did a wonderful job! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the finishing! And anything Little House Needleworks touches my heart. I just started a new stitching blog after a few months hiatus at stitcherista.blogspot.com. I would love for you to check it out and become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fantastic job on the ornament finishing. Do you want to share how you did it?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful ornament and love the way you finished it. So pretty.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Andrea, love the blue fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful Andrea!
    I make all of my bows this way to minimize the bulkiness of a knot.

    It's a winter blue day here...flurries, cold, windy and dreary.

    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your ornament is beautiful Andrea.
    I love the way you finished it.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really love that blue ornament with the cute bow, Andrea. I've finished some the same way, too, but still seem to always return to my favorite little pillow finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully finished, love it!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finish! Beautiful ornament! I love blue :-))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wunderschön, und die Farben passen toll zusammen. Grüße aus Deutschland,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty Andrea , I will have to maybe try that. Hope the postie comes knocking this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning finish, congrats on a great result.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous finish, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am in the process of finishing this design...wish I had seen your creative finish first, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning finish Andrea! I like the bow on the side idea. I always have trouble measuring out cord for an ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautifully finished Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a lovely design and your finish is perfect for it. Your colour choice for the backing fabric makes the design really pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks stunning, beautiful finish xx

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.