How is everyone coping with the weather. Unfortunately that is all the news seems to be about at the moment. The floods in the UK are getting worse rather than getting better and there is no sign that it is going to end any time soon. I hear snow and ice are still causing problems in the USA and Canada too. Still more pleasurable snow and ice is going on in Russia with the Sochi Winter Olympics. Even though we haven't got too many medal hopes, it is compelling viewing.
You will be glad to know that I have some finished stitching to share and you can probably guess what it is from the title of the post. For many weeks the ingredients for the finishing were left untouched but this past weekend I was determined that something should be done. It was before Christmas that I received this pattern to stitch and now is a small pillow measuring 7" x 3½". I added a strip of the gold fabric I was gifted and surprisingly found a dark red piece in my stash. On many occasions I have what I think will be the perfect fabric but is never quite the correct shade. I added the heart charm as I felt the satin stitched circles were a bit too far apart and it needed something in the middle of them.
Count Your Blessings - Shakespeare's Peddler.
40ct Cream Newcastle Linen.
Finishes as a small pillow.
-oOo-
Yesterday morning a package dropped through the letterbox. This is not unusual, I do buy one or two quite a few bits online. However I wasn't expecting anything, especially from abroad. The senders name didn't automatically ring any bells .... until I opened it. To my delight it was the travelling pattern from Dani. I had admired the pattern and Dani's finish and was lucky enough to be the next person to stitch. Dani also included a cut of Christmas fabric and a new beaded fob with a little angel at the end. Thank you Dani. Your gifts will be put to good use. I have started stitching already so hopefully I can offer to pass on this chart in the next week or so.
Travelling Pattern.
Glad Tidings - Bent Creek.
Gifts and goodies.
-oOo-
Just though I would throw in my progress on my Real Roses piece by The Drawn Thread. The last wide band that I stitched took all of 2 evenings, 99 Queen stitches. It did seem never ending!
Real Roses - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Summer Khaki Belfast Linen.
Recommended NPI Silks.
-oOo-
You will all be glad to know that I mended my scissor fob and it is back in working order. I had received it in an exchange back in 2008 so I wasn't ready to give up on it.
So that is all of my news for this time. I thank you for your continued eagerness to read my posts and to comment so readily. I love reading your comments, they do bring a smile to my face. Let us hope that the weather has improved the next time I'm here and that Spring is well and truly on it's way.
Until next time .....
Your stitching is so beautiful! I look forward to seeing your traveling pattern stitched up!
ReplyDeleteTricia
The Stamper's Stitches
ohhh that is such a cute finish of the TP :) and you have another one as well ...can't wait to see the progress etc on that one :)
ReplyDeleteand yes think we are going to have to grow gills with the amount of rain we are having ...
glad to hear your scissor fob is back together love the colours of it :) love mouse xxxxx
Hello Andrea, I read all about your weather in the paper, must be awful. I love your finish and your work in progress, and the Dani project seems lovely. Take care ..
ReplyDeleteHugs
Erna x
A lovely little finish that you have here. And your next stitching is already on the go. That's a very nice chart that Dani sent you.
ReplyDeleteThat DT piece is so beautiful, and yes, DT always has Queen stitches, lots of Queen stitches, lol. I always try to avoid charts that have Queen stitches because I don't like stitching them. But DT designs are just too beautiful to avoid them.
Good that you could repair your scissor fob.
Hi Andrea, Love the cushion you have made and may I be first on the list for a chance to be the next person. Love how you have finished it. Great news about your fob it is so pretty. We went sea watching yesterday still pretty rough but no where near as bad as it has been . Not looking forward to the next few days though as more wind and rain are forecast.
ReplyDeleteTake care and KEEEEEEEP stitching.
Queen stitches are horrible I did them on a sampler and were so pleased when they were finished.
Hugs.
Your Pillow is fabulous! I love the layered fabrics and the rick rack and sweet little buttons adorning :)
ReplyDeleteadorable ! wonderful finishes !
ReplyDelete99 queen stitches!! I bow down in honor to your stitching prowess! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely pillow finish and nice progress on the Red Roses piece. Glad you got your lovely fob fixed. I have a soft spot for green and pink combinations! I like that cute traveling pattern you got too!
ReplyDeleteThe weather seems to be a constant theme in the news these days! In the northern hemisphere we are all waiting eagerly for Spring, WHICH, by the way I noticed your new blog template - you are ready for Spring, I see!
Have a great week!
Beautiful projects Andrea. Nice to catch up. xx
ReplyDeleteYour latest little pillow finish is so adorable, Andrea--well done! And I always love seeing your Drawn Thread WIPs--they are the best :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful finish Andrea! Love the pop of red with gold fabric. And congrats on the lovely package from Dani! Your DT piece is lovely. I've never done 1 Queen Stitch so 99 sounds daunting! Hope you stay warm and dry. We had a very rainy weekend here (which we needed) but the sun is out again. I wish the rain would come on a weekend I didn't have a million things to do out of the house! lol
ReplyDeleteSorry it took so long for me to get it in the mail!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have better weather soon.
ReplyDeleteYou did a wonderful job on the stitching and finishing of the Blessings pillow.
I have never done a traveling pattern, that sounds like fun. I look forward to seeing yours all stitched.
Wishing you sunny days ahead.
A gorgeous finish. Lovely stitching. Congrats on the travelling pattern.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finish of Count Your Blessings and so happy to see you are the next recipient of the Bent Creek travelling pattern. I loved stitching that one.
ReplyDeleteLovely progress on your DT one.
Great update Andrea! Lovely finish of Count Your Blessings. The DT piece is gorgeous. So glad that your fob is back in working order :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful finishes, congrats
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteI've been watching some of the coverage on
the BBC of the flooding in the U.K. and am
amazed and dismayed to see it. During my
early visits to England the Brighton Pier was
something to see and visit so it's sad to see
it's all but gone now. I know a previous
storm some years ago did a lot of the damage
but this years weather has pretty much finished
the job.
And then there are the giant waves crashing
into shore lines and actually hitting the fronts
of buildings and washing out roads and train
tracks!
What on earth is going on all over the world?
On a happier note it's wonderful to be able
to see some of your latest finishes and
one ongoing project. Count Your
Blessings looks great and that bit of red
fabric is perfect for it, along with the
gold.
Glad Tidings is a pretty chart and you've
got some lovely Christmas fabric to use
with it if you choose curtesy of the ever
generous Dani. That fob is so sweet
with beautiful beads.
Oh, I do love your Real Roses, although I
don't envy you stitching those 99 (!!)
Queen stitches. Yikes. On the other
hand I guess you're an expert on them
huh? Very pretty sampler.
Have I ever asked you if you've ever
watched the tv series Grand Designs?
How about Restoration Home? I'm
watching episodes on Youtube and
its like peanuts ... can't leave 'em alone!!
Fascinating stuff.
I hear it's going to be a balmy 18 Celsius
in Sochi by Thursday. Figures. Where
they want the snow the most it's MIA.
CHeers!!
wonderful finish you've done with the travelling pattern stitching
ReplyDeletereally great :)
each detail is perfect, well done
beautiful gifts received also
enjoy this new pattern
xxxx
Oh my, I have a difficult choice, lol! To come over to UK for your finishing school or go to Vancouver for Melissa's at Words in Bloom, grin. That SP piece is sweet, will have to put it on the list! Love the DT piece too, I think this is the tear that I start the one you so kindly gifted me!
ReplyDeleteLovely finishes Andrea!! The Drawn Thread is coming along beautifully too!! If you come to Vancouver, you could meet me and Melissa!! We've gone for tea a number of times :D
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes and stitching! I saw footage of the UK flooding on the news and was speechless! I hope it stops soon and glad that you are safe!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely this Little by little's mini pillow is!
ReplyDeleteI love some sweet addition that you've made!
You are such a talented lady!