Here we are again, another week gone by. I'm here to announce the next stitcher of the Glad Tidings Travelling Pattern, but I have a finish or two to show you first. I'm sure you won't mind waiting for a bit.
At the end of last year I stitched Warm Wishes by Little By Little Design Co. It's a sweet design and I love the colours they have used in their design. My exploits in to the world of pillow making continues with this finish. Straight lines and dots .... what was I thinking! Anyway it hasn't turned out too badly. I did see spots before my eyes so added the lace top and bottom. It measures 7" x 6½", so isn't too large that it won't go in my basket.
Warm Wishes by Little By Little Design Co.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Mixture of recommended threads.
-oOo-
I may not get around to finishing this off just yet but this is my stitching finish of the Glad Tidings Travelling Pattern. I stitched it on 36ct Flax Linen, 2 over 2 threads using the DMC alternatives. I haven't attached any buttons but I haven't made up my mind if it really needs any. To me it doesn't look odd with no buttons so I may just forget them.
Glad Tidings - Bent Creek.
36ct Flax Edinburgh Linen.
DMC thread alternatives.
-oOo-
So the next stitcher to receive the travelling pattern will be .....
I will email you Barbi to get your postal address and get it sent of to you. Make sure you visit Barbi to get your name in the hat again, one day it could be you.
Until next time .....
So Excited!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Barbi
Lovely finishing and finish! Congrats Barbi!!
ReplyDeleteAdorable finishes!
ReplyDeleteWarm wishes is just beautiful. I love the way you finished it with the perfect fabric!
ReplyDeleteGreat finishes! Love them all.
ReplyDeleteLove your pillow finish, it looks perfect to me :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the lovely finishes!
ReplyDeleteReally pretty finish. The colors look great. I like the fabrics.
ReplyDeleteWarm wishes looks lovely Andrea and once again it's beautifully finished. The brown dotty fabric is really pretty.
ReplyDeleteGlad Tidings is going to be really lovely when it's made up. Can't wait to see it.
I also stitched 'Warm Wishes' last year without finishing it so I love seeing what you decided to do. I love the polka dots!
ReplyDeleteI love the dots and lace.
ReplyDeleteI do love your finishing very much, nice dotted fabric and fabric colour. It fits nicely in your basket.
ReplyDeleteLove warm wishes and the marerial you used I love spots and the brown spots is lovely
ReplyDeleteLovely finish.
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Manuela
Your finishes are gorgeous. Congrats to Barbi.
ReplyDeleteLove the Warm Wishes piece. The dude and I send a Christmas letter every year called "Warm Winter Wishes." I'm going to have to stitch that one! Thanks for enabling.
ReplyDeleteIt's really lovely !your finishing is so sweet ! félicitations
ReplyDeleteLove your latest pillow finish, Andrea--the polka dots are so sweet, too! I, agree, I don't think the Glad Tidings needs the buttons--looks great just as finished :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful finishes and finishing Andrea!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes!
ReplyDeleteI like your latest finish - it's super cute!
ReplyDeleteI love this one Andrea, being a big polka dot fan lol.
ReplyDeleteadorable finish on warm wishes !
ReplyDeletethe fabric you used is so beautiful
the lace is perfect, seems to be snow or ice, really great =)
xxx
Pretty finishes!
ReplyDeleteWhat pretty finishes - Warm Wishes is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteI love the Warm Wishes. Your dots and lace are wonderful. I do love the colors.
ReplyDeleteThe pretty dots fabric for warm wishes is beautiful and the lace trim? Outstanding! What a prefect compliment to your sampler - so pretty I love it! Glad tidings is darling!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Barbi!
Congrats on your latest finish! It looks fantastic! Love your Glad Tidings as well. It looks great as is, without the buttons.
ReplyDeleteHey Andrea,
ReplyDeleteLove your Warm Wishes pillow!! The fabric
you chose is a great compliment to the
thread colours in the design ... even if the
spots made your eyes go wonky when you
were putting it together. Lol!
I don't know how pillow finishes rank in
the levels of difficulty of the various types
of finishes for x-stitch projects but it looks
to me like you've mastered this one.
Nice sharp corners, neat, straight seams.
Even the polka dots are in line! And the
lace is a nice finishing touch.
Like your Glad Tidings finish. I think you're
right ... it really doesn't need anything else
added to it.
Cheers!!
Cute finishes, congratulations
ReplyDeleteWhat a charming pillow, love your stitcheries!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tatyana
Andrea, What a lovely finish. The fabric and lace - perfect!
ReplyDelete