Thank you for all your comments on my Little Sheep virtues, they made my heart sing and I was smiling from ear to ear. I have been busily stitching these past couple of weeks and snow seems to be on the agenda. I know I really should be stitching something a bit more summery but well .... I just have so many wintery charts waiting to be done.
I am so pleased to report that two parts of Frosty Forest came in the post a couple of weeks ago. I'm all up-to-date and now have completed 5 of the 9 parts. I am eagerly awaiting the next instalment.
Snowy Friends - Frosty Forest - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.
Parts 1 - 4 - Frosty Forest - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.
Bluebird Cabin - Frosty Forest - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.
Parts 1 - 5 - Frosty Forest - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.
-oOo-
-oOo-
While I was waiting for my Frosty Forest auto shipment to arrive I used part of the pearl grey fabric to stitch a Christmas ornament. This Country Cottage Needleworks design has been a favourite from the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Ornaments issue and on the list to stitch for myself. Stitched on 40ct it measures 3" square.
Snow Birds - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.
From Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013.
-oOo-
So on to my latest finish. This is such a sweet design and I have been itching to stitch it for a while. Again this is stitched on 40ct Newcastle linen and measures 6¼" x 4¾". Not sure how I will finish this one. If there is fabric involved I will most likely use the fabric that is photographed behind it.
Winter Plaid - Little House Needleworks.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Recommended hand-dyed and DMC threads.
-oOo-
I am afraid my finishing skills have deserted me today. Do you ever get one of those days? I have attempted to finish 2 small items and both of them didn't work out how I have envisaged. I'm sorry to say the bin was the only place for them. It's a good job they are small enough to stitch again. Needless to say I have done nothing else today in case something else went wrong. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Until next time ...
Congrats on all the lovely finishes Andrea. Oh, I'm sorry to hear you had to toss two pieces. Are you sure you can't do something with them?
ReplyDeleteLinda
Great!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I can't imagine two of your beautiful stitched pieces in the bin even if they were small.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid my heart is never in finishing as I have a big box of unfinished finishes.
I absolutely adore the LHN Winter Plaid and your CCN piece is fabulous. Love those pretty little snowflake charms.
Margaret
Beautiful, beautiful stitching! I am sorry for the mishaps with finishing.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the pretty finishes, and well done keeping up with the Forest project - it's really lovely.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThey are all so pretty. Looking great. Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour Frosty Forest looks great. I haven't even finished the first pattern yet. Love your other finishes.
ReplyDeleteFrosty forest looks fabulous. Love the ornament and Winter Plaid. I've thrown more things I tried to finish in the bin than I care to admit :)
ReplyDeleteOh Frosty Forest is looking great. You're one section ahead of me.
ReplyDeleteThe ornament is adorable also.
I don't have the LHN but I may have to get it after seeing yours.
Andrea, Such lovely stitching. Your or ie finish is great. I cannot imagine trashing a finish no matter how mucked up. You have fortitude!
ReplyDeleteBardzo piękne prace. Wszystko tak starannie wykończone. Przykro mi ,że dziś Twoja robota poszła na marne. Jutro na pewno odzyskasz wenę. Pozdrawiam.
ReplyDeleteLove the soft grey linen you're using!
ReplyDeleteOuch on the re-stitching!
Ich bin total begeistert von deiner Stickarbeit von LHN - wunderschön.
ReplyDeleteIch bin ganz neugierig wie es weitergeht.
Liebe Grüße, Martina
Your work is so beautiful everyone of your stitching is just wonderful, I also love the red spot for your last design.
ReplyDeleteI leave my stitching out on the table for a few days until I think oh yes now I know how to finish this one.
Are you stitching one over one on your 40 count /
Or one over two.
Have a lovely Monday hugs June.
Oh Andrea sorry to hear about your 2 small items - I think us stitchers have all had those days. Sending you hugs. I adore the colours on the CCN designs simply stunning. Hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend x
ReplyDeleteHallo Andrea,
ReplyDeleteyour Frosty Forest and the Sampler look great.
Lovely ornament.
Greetings, Manuela
FF is looking great.
ReplyDeleteLove the bird ornament also.
I don't remember that LH design, but it sure is pretty with the red cardinal and hearts.
Marilyn
Oh, so many beauties you've shared with us today, Andrea! I really love the ornament and find it so hard to believe you threw two of your creations in the rubbish. You are such a beautiful finisher--perhaps you are being too hard on yourself?
ReplyDeleteLove the LHN Winter Plaid, too--it is really darling. (I see you are addicted to 40 ct. Newcastle like me!)
Enjoy your week...
Beautiful stitches! I especially love that ornament with the two birds - so, so pretty!
ReplyDeleteOh no, I can't imagine that anything you've made can go to the bin! Yikes. I know by the quality of your work that you have high standards, but the bin? Well, I'm sorry to hear it. I hope it goes better next time!
I like your blog very much. Everything you choose to stitch is always lovely and so well done!
ReplyDeleteRefreshing idea stitch winterly charts in this season! I am doing the same at the moment, a Santa in white, blue and silver color specifically. Never is too soon for Christmas presents!
I think your finishes are great!! That is not my strong suit! I enjoyed seeing all your wonderful stitching!
ReplyDeleteWow you have been so productive and they all look so great and delicate on 40ct!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous snow explosions everywhere! Love the progress on Frosty Forest...pearl gray linen has got to be one of my favourites to stitch on. Love your finish of the JCS ornament. I stitched that one too but didn't like my finish of it...might redo. Winter plaid is lovely as well. Newcastle linen, another winner in my book!
ReplyDeletegorgeous stitching and finishing too ... hope your skills come back real soon too ... and hope that you find time to get the pieces stitched real quick again :) love mouse xxxxx
ReplyDeleteThanks for admitting to having a bad bit of finishing. :) Your stitching is always so exemplary, it's hard to imagine you botched it so bad that the projects had to be tossed - it must have really been a bad day for you. That certainly happens to me! I'm sure your next attempt will be perfection once again.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous work! Love the last one but I really like cardinals..
ReplyDeleteLove your post. You are doing a beautiful job on the frosty friends . Sorry you had to throw away two small ones - we all have days like that. Enjoy the rest of your week.
ReplyDeletesuperb work !!
ReplyDeleteon each piece, really, they are all very beautiful
I love your finish of snow birds
this chart is on my to do list...seeing it here so beautifully finished makes me wanting to stitch it very soon :D
xxx
Beautiful stitching! Love the fabric you are using for the Frosty Forest pieces. You did a lovely job finishing your ornament! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your finishes, they are all lovely
ReplyDeleteFrosty Forest is stunning! Love your Pearl Grey linen your stitching on.
ReplyDeleteSnow birds is Gorgeous - beautiful finish. ooooh I love your Winter Plaid - very very beautiful.
Sorry to hear of your having to toss out 2 stitched pieces. Hope your weekend is Great!
love Annette
Frosty Forest is looking so beautiful, the colours in this piece are breathtaking! Everything you stitch is always so perfectly stitched and 40 count linen too. I keep meaning to have a go at stitching on 40 count but have never been brave enough! Lol......
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea, Frosty Forest is looking absolutely great. And so is your little ornament piece.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I also know the days when the finishing I have in mind doesn't work. Once I cut the edges too short for making a pillow or a pinkeep, but then I just used it for a greeting card. The only piece that I ever threw away was a finished little pillow - I had spilled a cup of coffee over it.
São lindo e delicados seus trabalhos!
ReplyDeleteParabéns!
Abraços,
Lécia Freitas
Beautiful stitching.
ReplyDelete