6 September 2014

Frosty Forest

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I'm so pleased to be with you again. This time last week I was not at my best. I felt very nauseous, my stomach was aching and churning over and over. It's very unlike me to feel this way, I am not a sickly person. For 4 days I felt like this, I just wished I could of been sick to get it over and done with. A diet of ginger biscuits and crackers just aren't filling! But .... I am back to being 100% well again and raring to go! I did try and keep up with reading/commenting of blogs but I had no energy or desire I'm afraid. So I have a lot to catch up on ...

-oOo-


I have put the final stitches in to Frosty Forest. I stitched on 40ct pearl grey linen with a 1 stitch space in between the blocks. Therefore making an overall size of 9¾" square. Obviously I didn't use the buttons as they were not the correct size for the fabric I used. However I don't think it detracts from the piece if you don't use the buttons ... just a different look if you do. Either way it's a lovely piece which I'll be hanging on my wall. I am due a day off on Tuesday so I'm planning on a trip to the framers to take one or two pieces. Thought I would get in there before the Christmas rush!!

 
Frosty Forest - Country Cottage Needleworks.
 40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.


-oOo-
 
Until next time ...

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful embroidery, very nice fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, this is beautiful! Yours is the first one I've seen completely finished. We lived in the woods for a number of years, and these patterns remind me of the wildlife we use to see. What a pretty piece!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better now Andrea. Frosty Forest looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful finish! I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just lovely! I just finished the first block last night.

    I am sorry to hear that you were poorly, glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! I do not miss buttons at all. It is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear you were under the weather last week, Andrea! Hope you continue to feel well...

    Congratulations on a lovely finish--I can't wait to see it all framed up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finish! So glad you're feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embroidery and made ​​so great. It pleases me very much.
    Greetings, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation. It's a wonderful finish.
    I'm glad you are feeling better.

    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I really like the linen you used as well.

    Glad you are feeling better. Last week I had a bit of a stomach thing going on too. Must've been a virus lurking around!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great!
    Very pretty on the grey fabric.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frosty Forest looks wonderful. I love the grey linen you chose. It really feels wintery.

    Four days of feeling ill does not sound fun. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous finish! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a wonderful finish! congratulations

    glad you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear you have not been well, and hoping you are feeling much better now.

    Your work looks amazing , like always just beautiful .

    Wishing you a beautiful week free of those nasty bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful finish, the fabric color is perfect. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely finish! It looks fabulous on the pearl grey fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Frosty Forest looks so beautiful!

    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks absolutely stunning! gorgeous job!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. YEA!!! Congratulations on a stunning finish! It's gorgeous! Wonderful news that your feeling better.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you're better now. Frosty Forest is beautiful! And the fabric color looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bellissimo, l'ai finito anche tu :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just beautiful and I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad you're feeling better! Beautiful little crosses :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad you are feeling better Andrea.

    Your Frosty Forest finish is stunning. Makes me want to keep up with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    Frosty Forest is looking gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on the gorgeous finish, Andrea! Can't wait to see how it turns out after framing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful especially on the fine count linen

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glad you are better Andrea,#

    Just loving your Frosty Finish, I have been following your progress on this and I must say it has been worth the wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry to hear you haven't been well, Andrea. Nausea is really unpleasant let alone stomach ache too. Glad you are feeling better.
    Frosty Forest is exquisite. It's so dainty and has a real feel of winter magic to it. I love those little foxes. It will give you so much pleasure when it's framed and hanging on your wall.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.