6 December 2014

The Next Flurry of Gifts

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

We had a lovely crisp, frosty morning and with the chill in the air it has started to feel a bit wintry and Christmas time is on its way. Up until now with the fine weather it really hasn't felt like getting close to winter.

So on the last post I said I would show you the gift Michelle had sent. Well isn't this fantastic! Now I associate knitting and crochet with clothes and blankets, yes Grandma used to knit or crochet the odd toilet roll holder but never anything like this. It's just great, it will be a welcome addition to my tree. Thank you Michelle, it's nice to have something a bit different. It will find a place on my tree  - hopefully going up this weekend sometime. It seems like it should of been up ages ago.


-oOo-

This week I have been emailed by 3 ladies saying their gifts had arrived. First off Katrina. We always have a Christmas exchange of ornaments ... and I love it! This year I stitched Hot Cocoa by M Designs from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013. I used mostly DMC with the red stitched in Gentle Arts Buckeye Scarlet. I had really a hard time parting with this one.

 
Hot Cocoa - M Designs.
32ct Dirty Belfast Linen.
Used DMC 3031, 3782, 3865, GAST Buckeye Scarlet.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013.

-oOo-

Next on the list was Frances. I sent Frances Glad Tidings! While I had the opportunity, I stitched a second one. I had the chart in my possession from earlier in the year when it was a travelling pattern. This one was stitched on 32ct flax and finished with some country check ribbon. Also this one I stitched the 'i' in 'Tidings' as charted ... upside down! Here is my Glad Tidings. I'm so pleased you like it Frances.


Glad Tidings - Bent Creek.
32ct Flax Belfast linen.
Used DMC alternatives.

-oOo-
 
A new home was found with Barbara for Merry, Merry. Another one from the 2013 JCS Ornament Issue. I love the reactions I get from people when they receive and that to me is what makes it all worth while.
 

Merry, Merry - The Workbasket.
36ct Flax Edinburgh Linen.
Used: GAST Straw Bonnet, GAST Baby Spinach, WDW Brick, WDW Pecan, DMC 3822.
Finished with #03003 Antique Cranberry Mill Hill Beads.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament 2013.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ...

20 comments:

  1. Very beautiful sweet gifts you made! Love them all:) love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so generous. I have already admired Merry Merry and Glad Tidings at the recipients' blogs. All are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun gift from Michelle. Such fabulous, meticulous work you do! Love them all, but most especially that last reindeer. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is just gorgeous! I have to see if I can find that Glad Tidings design - it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the ornaments are just beautiful. I feel so lucky to have one of them! Thank you very much! It went on my tree today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty ornament from Michelle, & the three gift ornaments you sent are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your ornaments are so lovely--especially mine!!!! Thank you again, so much! I love it and I love the others, too!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful little ornaments.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. What pretty pieces you have stitched for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the crochet Xmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ornaments Andrea. Congrats to the very lucky winners.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your exchange all beautiful.
    Michelle is a sweetie love what she made for you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely gifts. I'm sure the reset BN's are all pleased. I'm very glad you also kept one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was trying to correct my comment but hit send instead. I'm sure all the ornament recipients are pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have made and sent some truly amazing gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all gorgeous and I just treasure my ornament! (Adding Merry Merry to my 2015 list lol)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stitching always inspires me - so glad you liked your crochet tree xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It must have been hard to part with all those beauties, Andrea, but what a nice feeling knowing your work is appreciated all around the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been waiting to see your traditional RAK's Andrea and they are indeed as lovely as I imagined I especially love Merry Merry which I haven't come across before.
    Have a wonderful christmas and enjoy some time stitching for yourself :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.