17 January 2016

Welcome

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Welcome to my first proper post of 2016. It has been a chilly weekend, something we have not been used to and  is certainly a shock to the system. Waking up to snow was another unwelcome visitor too. I have my vest on and my Nordic hat with the ear flaps has seen daylight for the first time this winter. Brrrrrrr.

 
 
So after getting back to the dreaded work routine, I have got back to the more pleasurable stitching routine.
 
My January ornament is 'Welcome' by The Prairie Schooler. A small design of 3 1/8" x 2" but one to ease me into the year of ornament stitching.


Welcome - The Prairie Schooler.
A Christmas Visit - Book 48.
36ct Light Mocha Edinburgh Linen.
Stitched 2 over 2 using recommended DMC threads.
 
Until next time ......

34 comments:

  1. L♥ve it!
    I hear ya with the weather. It is currently 1º. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr, I got chilly just reading about your snow! Stay warm and cozy :)
    I love your January ornament is beautiful, and I love the way you have finished it Andrea, and I can't wait to see what February brings.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cute finish Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the finish on this.
    So pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh that does looks chilly!! Great choice for your first 2016 ornament :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also working on a PS Santa - they are just the best Santas! Your ornament is super sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ornie is lovely! I love how you finished him. I wish I could make shaped ornies but they never look right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely first finish :-)

    It's gone cold here too, we have been very spoiled with the mild temperatures so it comes a shock when it does change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, have I said Happy New Year? If not consider it said :-)
    Lovely to see your post and your first ornament this year. This little PS is one of my favourites. Seeing yours has spurred me on to finally stitch it. I love your finish.
    It's cold here (in Bedford, UK) and we had a skimming of snow yesterday but it's gone this morning. Keep wrapped up and warm. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely view of your snowy scene. DH and I played in the snow on the park yesterday with granddaughter and the sledge, such fun!
    Fabulous ornament, I do like a PS Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching & finish Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 2016! Great ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, that does look chilly! Good thing you have your Nordic hat!

    Love that Santa ornament. It's perfectly finished!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love the Santa ornament :)

    ReplyDelete

  15. Wonderful Christmas Ornament great finish.
    We have rain today not nice . Just want to roll up into a ball like a hedgehog ha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It doesn't snow here so I always wish it would and think it's beautiful! Great ornament and as always your finishing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sympathize with you regarding the snow. I live in Kansas and, while we don't have snow, we do have really cold temps and usually wind along with it! Yuck! I am ready for spring. Love the PS; he is adorable, and the finish is beautiful. I have been dealing with some illness, so there hasn't been any stitching for several days. I am hoping to get back to it tomorrow. Happy stitching...............

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely finish!
    It's cold here too and expected stays under a couple degrees the coming days...brrrr, really a weather for staying indoor and stitch...
    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The snow does look pretty at least. I love that little Santa finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brrr--it does look cold there!!!
    I love your Santa--Prairie Schooler is my favorite--I have that leaflet and should do some stitching on it!! Too, too cute! And your finishing is wonderful, as always!

    ReplyDelete

  21. What a lovely ornament your work and finish are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I just LOVE this PS finish, Andrea!!

    We are having horribly frigid weather here (down to -7F (-21C) here yesterday. After the warm December it is quite a shock to our systems! So far no bad snow storms, though (fingers crossed!).

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year to you also! Your Santa ornament is perfectly done! I am not a fan of winter weather either... I prefer summer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This past weekend was certainly chilly! Lovely ornament as always!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful Santa design to start your ornament stitching with this year. I have stitched this one several times but have never kept one. I have to stitch it again. Great finishing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful first finish Andrea.

    I love Winter. Not the rain and mild weather we've had though. A proper winter! We haven't seen any snow here on the east coast. It came a few flurries then turned back to rain :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. We are expecting a big storm this weekend. It has been shocking that it has turned so cold since December was so warm.
    I love your first ornament.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I guess the cold is inevitable, but it sounds like you have all the right things for keeping warm. Your ornament finish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was quite glad of a little bit of snow, it stopped the kids nattering about when would it happen!

    Your ornament is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Santa finish is adorable. I love the gingham ribbon - it finishes him off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  31. c'est une très jolie finition comme à chaque fois, bravo

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.