What about the weather over the last few days in the UK, summer or what? It's good to feel the sun again, even if I have been inside working. I shall hope to be enjoying it this weekend.
I have lots to show you as I have been catching up with stitching and finishing pieces. First off you may recall the Comfort travelling chart that I stitched. Well I finally decided what to finish it in to. I found this tutorial and printed it off. Now, normally these days I don't follow any tutorials or instructions, I just make things up as I go along :) but I needed one to complete the bag. I found this one so easy to follow. The only problem was having to fit in the stitched piece, but everything worked out well with the end product. I have left the drawstring long on the photos but have tied them in a bow now it is on my cabinet.
Comfort - Little House Needleworks.
From the Inspirational Scripture Series - Psalms 119:76.
40ct Antique White Newcastle Linen.
Used CC Poblano Pepper, House Wine, Sassy Brassy (for birds beak).
WDW Molasses, Strawberry Fields.
GAST Maple Syrup.
Travelling Pattern made in to a drawstring bag.
-oOo-
I didn't even get a chance to show you another progress photo of this piece. I have stitched away diligently on it for the past few weeks. There is a mixture of hand-dyes and DMC. The hand-dyed thread I had for the wall was a very close colour to the garden gate so just converted to the DMC. I used a 32ct fabric instead of a 28ct but the charms work just as well.
My Secret Garden - Lizzie Kate.
32ct Platinum Belfast Linen.
Used mixture of recommended GAST and DMC threads.
-oOo-
The ornament for May is another smaller sized piece, Joyful Santa by Homespun Elegance. I just used the DMC colours listed except changed DMC 712 for ecru. I wanted the cording the same and I had more ecru to hand. It just had to have a jingle bell on too.
Joyful Santa - Homespun Elegance.
32ct Summer Khaki Belfast Linen.
Used recommended DMC except Ecru instead of DMC 712.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2015.
-oOo-
Until next time ......
All your works are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe little bag is wonderful an the little secret garden is very cute.
Have a nice sunny weekend, Manuela
Beautiful finishes! Very nice colors for your secret garden, and that Santa is perfect ;)
ReplyDeleteAndrea, all your pieces are beautiful! The bag is fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you with that bag! Well done. Such pretty work Andrea. Such perfection.
ReplyDeleteWhat great finishes. No one would ever know that's your first drawstring bag! That verses is speaking to me so I'm seeing that design in my future - won't be brave enough for the bag, though!
ReplyDeleteAll your finishes are so beautiful! I love the drawstring bag, the fabrics you chose are a perfect match for your thread choices.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous stitching!
Beautiful finishes, Andrea! I love your little drawstring project bag finish. What a wonderful idea!
ReplyDeleteWonderful bag! The colors are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteIt is more like winter here on Long Island in New York. Cold and rainy. I'm hoping for some Spring weather next week. I love those finishes. Thanks for the link to the drawstring bag. Your stitching is very pretty.
ReplyDeleteOh, your stitching and finishing are beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you finished the Santa. The bag looks beautiful. I will be checking out that tutorial. I have been such a chicken about bags. The garden is delightful. I just love the way you put the little lock on the gate.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes, I especially love that drawstring pouch!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Congrats on the adorable finishes Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Tout est si joli!!! J'adore !!!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week-end !
Marie
Great finishes.
ReplyDeleteThe bag is so cute, that fabric matches perfectly.
I think I have Secret Garden, yours makes me want to pull mine out and stitch it. :)
Great Santa finish too.
Marilyn
These are all lovely finishes.
ReplyDeleteDelightful finishes you have been creating, how lovely.
ReplyDeleteThey are all so pretty. You did a great job on the bag. Hope the sun stays out for you.
ReplyDeleteAndrea your bag is simply adorable - what a perfectly wonderful piece! And that Santa is just elegant. I love, love, love the finish! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely bag! And all the stitching is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes!
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea what a beautiful post of stitching .
ReplyDeleteReally love every thing your bag is beautiful and so is the 2nd one with the little lock on the door .
And love your Christmas stitch , what talent , just wonderful.
Andrea, all of your finishes are just beautiful. Can't figure out which is my favorite because I like them all!! But, will have to say that you did an out standing job on the little bag. Thanks for sharing the tutorial link!! Hope this finds you out enjoying the warm weather.
ReplyDeleteKathy
You were doing a great job on the drawstring bag, it turned out so nice.
ReplyDeleteYour L*K piece is so beautiful, so spring-y. And such a lovely May ornament finish.
Beautiful stitching & finishing.
ReplyDeleteYour drawstring bag looks so neat!
I love your choice of fabric. The opposites work really well together :)
che favola i tuoi ricami, bellissimi
ReplyDeleteI always know I'm in for a treat when you put up a new post, Andrea... Honestly, your photography is as lovely as your stitching :)
ReplyDeleteReally love the bag finish--and thank you so much for the tutorial link. The little Santa is so sweetly finished and the LK garden is just darling.
Please send me some of your warm, sunny weather--it has been cool, rainy, and depressing here this month!
Gorgeous stitching and finishing Andrea - love the little bag! I was just looking at the same tutorial myself last weekend, lol.
ReplyDeleteHello Andrea,
ReplyDeleteI do so enjoy coming to visit your blog. There is always a wonderfully
finished something or other to see and admire. Your little draw
string bag is beautiful and suits the Comfort design very well.
The fabrics that you used to make it are lovely and compliment the
design perfectly. I love dainty patterns like that on fabric.
My Secret Garden turned out so well too. I love the bright, pretty
colours of the flowers and that wall and gate are very cool. The
charms set it all off nicely, especially that little heart shaped lock
on the gate. Adorable.
And your finish of Joyful Santa is so sweet. It takes a simple
little design and enhances it, showing it off to it's best advantage.
And a little bell never hurts either.
We are on a bit of a roller coaster with the weather here. It's
going to be around 20 degrees Celsius for a few days and then
on the weekend it's only going to be 9 degrees which is quite a
drop. Well, at least it isn't going to snow ... I don't think. But
frost at night is quite likely. So no trips to the gardening centre
just yet.
Cheers!
Lovely bag The LHN stitching is very beautiful and I love the verse too !
ReplyDeleteGreat finishes Andrea! I think I could stitch ornaments for years just from my stash LOL but I keep buying more.
ReplyDeleteWow!!! I'm amazed!! All your works are beautiful and so perfectly finished. Well done. 🤗🤗💓
ReplyDeleteSuch really nice projects you have done! Love the drawstring bag... I am seeing more and more of them! And I have seen that LK design but it never called to me, seemed drab... However, your rendition makes it more desirable! The Santa ornie shaped into a bell is really cute! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely bag Andrea and a beautiful finish on the ornament too.
ReplyDeletegorgeous stitching and finsihing. Love the design by Lizzie Kate, never saw it before. Beautiful colors.
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful! Mariuccia
ReplyDeleteHmm I think it is Autumn again now! I'm thinking of putting my heating back on lol!
ReplyDeleteI love your bag finish! It is so beautiful. I'm going to look at the tutorial and see if it's something I could manage!
Secret Garden is so pretty and love your ornament.
Beautiful finishes and stitching.
ReplyDeleteI can never get enough of your beautiful stitching and finishing! I especially love that Santa!
ReplyDelete