Finally time to sit down at the computer, read a few blogs, read an enormous amount of blog entries and write a post of my own. It has been a bit hectic at work lately, my friend and colleague has been off sick, having a few days in hospital to have tests and still not knowing what the cause of the problem is. She does have health issues but this matter is quite baffling. She is itching to come back to work but she and I know that home is the place for her right now. Obviously more work to do and therefore I don't feel like coming on and jumping on the computer again after 7 hours of it at work. But the Bank Holiday is upon us so I am grateful for the extra day to do what I want to do.
I don't have any stitching from me in this post but I do have stitching! You may need a large mug of tea / coffee as this will be a picture heavy post.
A week last Saturday, April 23rd Mum and I went to the British Quilt and Stitch Village 2016 show at Uttoxeter Racecourse. I had seen it advertised in a local paper a couple of months ago. It was the first time we had been and I thought it would be a nice day out. There were a number of stalls selling fabric, obviously, but there were a couple of stalls selling sewing machines, overlockers and lights. Also a couple of UK TV faces; Jenniffer Taylor (The Sewing Bee) , Tilly Rose and Jennie Rayment (both Create and Craft). In other buildings there were exhibits of quilts and other embroidered items. Some quite extraordinary and just amazingly talented people to create such beautiful things.
But the pièce de résistance was what I assumed was the overall winner of the quilting completion and overall winner as it had 2 first rosettes. No names were on them and I didn't bother with a catalogue. I have since found out it was a lady called Lynda Jackson.
Until next time ......
Oh wow! I really like that coat! A LOT! :D
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a fun day out! I don't quilt so they all look equally good to me - I really like the sunflower one. Hope things quiet down at work for you soon and your colleague's health issues are sorted quickly.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these wonderful Quilt photos.
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Manuela
I did as you were saying, grabbed a cup of tea and dove right into array of pictures that you show here in this post. And ohh, such wonderful and gorgeous quilts from the exhibition you visited. I love quilt exhibitions a lot, there are always such great things to see - and you can see them in person. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteWow!!!! What a show! It's amazing to see the creativity that all manner of
folks have when it comes to their passions and hobbies. It would be so
hard to judge which quilt would be the best of the best in a gathering like
this. Though I have to admit the quilting on the winning quilt is simply
breathtaking. I love the colours of the rainbow quilt, and the purple
tulips (three dimensional layers) quilt is beautiful and clever. The most
emotional one would be the poppy quilt ... again a three dimensional piece.
Thanks for sharing these with us. Cheers!
Such a stunning collection you got to see. Loved looking at your pictures.
ReplyDeleteQuilt shows are so amazing. Thank you for sharing. People have such great talent
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing the pictures.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful work , I love to see these wonderful quilts .
Thanks for sharing.
I am just in awe at the talent of those quilters, Andrea. That grand prize winner is truly jaw-droppingly beautiful!! How wonderful to see those beauties in person :)
ReplyDeleteHope things settle down for you at work very soon!
Andrea, thanks for this amazing post. It makes such a difference to those who can't get to these events. I loved going on this great outing with you. What a huge variety both in imagination and technique.
ReplyDeleteThanks you for sharing these wonderful displays and exhibits. Each and every piece look fabulous.
ReplyDelete