13 June 2016

Busy Needles

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Welcome to the month of June, a month when we think of summer days. When I took these photos last week it really did feel like summer. I spent a few hours in the garden soaking up the rays of the sun and doing absolutely nothing! Then we have this week ......... hmmmmm ......... enough said!

These two pieces are from Lizzie*Kate - Busy Bee. A real summery design. Not sure how I'm going to finish yet though. I used what WDW threads I had and if not just good old DMC.

Busy As A Bee - Lizzie Kate.
 
Round Pin Pillow - Lizzie Kate.
 

Busy Bee - Lizzie Kate.
Chart #165.
40ct Mushroom Newcastle Linen.
Used mixture of recommended DMC and WDW threads.
 
-oOo-
 
I was quick off the mark with my June ornament. Another Prairie Schooler Santa from Book 48, A Christmas Visit. I stitched 2 over 2 on 36ct Edinburgh linen with the recommended DMC threads. I would like to stitch all of these on the leaflet in time. They are all quite sweet.
 


Santa - The Prairie Schooler.
Book 48 A Christmas Visit.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Used recommended DMC threads.
 
-oOo-
 
Sorry it is short and sweet, just a busy few weeks at the moment.
 
Until next time ......
 

28 comments:

  1. Well Andrea, I think you are busy as a bee, you and your needle!! It is darling. The ornament is perfection! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching and a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful stitching, love the finishing

    ReplyDelete

  4. Always love your blog , and your wonderful stitching , everything is just beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Lizzie Kate finishes - so bright and pretty! Would love to see how you finish them once you've decided. The PS Santa is beautifully finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Andrea, I *love* your L*K finishes very much, particularly the little bee one. Reminds me of all the bee patterns that I once was storing in a folder because I wanted to stitch them. I might start one now as it's the perfect time of the year. Although there has been only rain during the last two weeks the bees are busy anyway.
    Book 48 is one of my favorites and whenever I want to stitch a PS Santa this book comes to mind. There isn't a single Santa that I wouldn't want to stitch. Yours looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 2 new finishes are cute.
    The PS Santa turned out so pretty, great job on the finishing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I've just finished stitching that Busy as a bee design yesterday :) Now trying to finish it off!!
    Love the Santa's ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that LK chart, and haven't started it yet but love stitching bee themed pieces in summertime so I might have to dig it out of my stash file soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching and finishing, as usual! :-) I especially love the 2 LK pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great Lizzie Kate finishes Andrea.
    Your June ornament is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you've had some summery weather, Andrea! I really love your PS Santa finish--just perfect. That is one I haven't done yet from that booklet, but I've done five of the others. I think that is one of my favorite charts...

    Very cute and summery LK piece, too--perfect for summer with the buzzing bees.

    Hope the rest of June is stitch-filled, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all of your WIP's...they are all looking great...love the colors of them. I think they are so cute and so adorable. Sometimes I just like to sit down and do a small pattern.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Lizzie*Kate pieces. Why don't I stitch more of those? (Probably something to do with digging out from 40+ WIPS, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, busy bee! I love seeing your stitching! The weather here has been up and down too. Yesterday I went out in the morning to my yoga class and noticed it was 8C outside!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your PS is such a pretty finish, looking forward to seeing how you finish the 2 little stitched finishes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cute LK designs you have stitched!! I look forward to seeing how you will finish them! And the Santa is nicely done also. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that Busy Bee! And what a great Santa - I confess I'm not working on anything Christmas yet, but I best get started! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great stitches you have done. Love the ornament

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Andrea,

    Happy Summer!!! Well, hopefully you're enjoying some Summer weather
    again after the interlude of the kind of weather that shall remain unremarked
    and unacknowledged.

    Love your Lizzie Kate finishes. Very sweet and summer like.
    Pretty colours too which are nicely set off by the mushroom linen.

    Your Prairie Schooler Santa Is so cute! I really like the oval shape
    of the piece which shows off the design perfectly. I can just imagine
    a whole set of these guys come the Christmas season. Stunning!!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely stitches! It's wonderful to see some holiday items.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful stitching Andrea. I'm not a great fan of LK but seeing your finishes is always such a delight. They look completely different when they are stitched up
    I adore the PS santa. It's one of my favourites. I love that shape and wish I could master it :-) No Christmas stitching for me yet, if at all this year. I'm still stitching away at my son's December wedding favours. Plus bridesmaids gifts and a wedding sampler will keep me busy :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have loved this LK desing since I first saw it in casa Ceninas website. You stotched it very beautifully ..Well Done,Andrea !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your LK finishes are so sweet Andrea. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish them off.

    The PS Santa is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.