7 December 2016

A Little Christmas

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Thank you for your recent comments. I love them all, they are a joy to read.
 
Lizzie Kate's A Little Christmas Sampler was a design I stitched last year. It came as a kit with the fabric, charm and beads included. I used any of the hand-dyed thread colours that I had and if not, used the alternate DMC. At the time I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish it off. So it languished in the box of un-finished pieces. Inspiration came early in November and I saved it until now to show you all. The design is about 3½" square and the overall pillow finish is about 7" square.
 
Although the design is seasonal, the colours would not be my first choice, I do prefer traditional colours of red, green and gold. But it just works and I picked out the lighter blue in a spotted fabric and added lace for what I think is a 'vintage' feel. What do you think?
 

A Little Christmas Sampler - Lizzie Kate.
32ct Flax linen (included in the kit).
Used recommended hand-dyed threads that I had and DMC alternatives.

 
Until next time ......

21 comments:

  1. Love it, what a lovely design.
    Love the way you have put it together with the pretty blue spot material ( I love spots )
    and the lace , Hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about Christmas color scheme preferences--but sometimes it is great to break out somewhat! Your finishing is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little cushion.
    I love the way you have finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Andrea. Love the colors. My color is blue. The vintage is a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delightful with the spotty fabric and lace edging, I agree, very vintage. What a treat for the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Andrea, and I love the colors...what a fun treasure
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is gorgeous! What a change, and a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this Andrea, especially with the lace insert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely finish. The lace really sets the design off so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out so pretty!
    I love the blue fabric, it brings out the blue stitching, and the lace is so pretty too.
    Great job, it's perfect! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Te quedó maravilloso el cojín de Navidad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful design, and the light blue fabric just reflects the blue thread colour. It looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love LK, love the design & adore your finish :)
    The Vintage idea was great & your model looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it a lot! Haven't tried a finish with lace inset like that... May in the future tho! I think I have that design, languishing. So many many to do, and not enough time in the days! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet finish, Andrea! Lovely with the lace "frame!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Molto bello complimenti aMGrazia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet! Love the touch of lace.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.