The first day of December and I'm here with the first of ... hopefully ... a few more posts than usual.
-oOo-
So I thought I would start with a favourite ... The Drawn Thread. As soon as the newletter came through with the new October releases this just had to be on that wishlist. Chris at The Nimble Thimble sorted me out. Just to mention, though no affiliation, Chris gives excellent, friendly service. For the latest Drawn Thread charts this would be the first place I would try.
This was kitted up and Chris did put in a piece of Raw Belfast linen. I did start on that but it just didn't feel or look like it should , I wasn't happy. Fortunately after finding out that the 'Tumbleweed' linen suggested was a colour by Permin of Copenhagen, I tried to find a supplier. Luckily another favourite online shop, Sew and So, did Permin/Wichelt linen. Don't know why, but that got me excited!! I had read on some blogs how people had found it stiff but after I started using it I found I quite liked it. I prefer it stiffer to the looser weave of the Weeks Dye Works linen I have used in the past.
Glad Tidings - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Tumbleweed Permin/Wichelt Linen.
Recommended NPI and Dinky Dye Silks.
It is a bit late to go to the framer to get it framed for this year, so next year this will be in the pile for him to work his magic on.
Until next time ......
Ooh, I love it! Please share again with your frame choice, even if it's past Christmas time.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I love your Christmas finish, Andrea!
ReplyDeleteIt looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, what a beautiful piece. That will look awesome framed.
ReplyDeleteThat is a really cute finish! Looking forward to seeing it framed next year! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteTHIS. IS. EXCELLENT!
ReplyDeleteYour piece turned out lovely and I really like how your thread colors pop in your fabric choice.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your beautiful finish! Love the richness of the colors and I think the silks are awesome! love Annette
ReplyDeleteOh, I really like that one. Beautiful finish and stitching.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely design!
ReplyDeleteI guess with showing this and how pretty it is you know that I will now go and order the chart for myself to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a beautiful finish. Please as CalamityJr. requested show this again after the framing.
ReplyDeleteYour work is always so amazing!!
Kathy
A great choice, Andrea, and it looks wonderful on the linen you chose.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty.
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
The Nimble Thimble is like Aladdin's Cave, it's bursting with lovely cross stitch pattern!!
ReplyDeleteYour latest finish looks lovely and so does your choice of fabric.
Happy Stitching!
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea , it's beautiful a very stunning stitch.
Love it, that's my kind of perfect Christmas finish.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great design to finish and enjoy whether it's framed or not. It really sums up the festive season. I love the boldness of the sentiment softened by the beautiful border. Absolutely lovely. An excellent choice of linen.
ReplyDeletePrecioso bordado, besos
ReplyDeleteOh my word, that's beautiful! STUNNING finish!
ReplyDeleteI love this design. I have lots of Drawn Thread designs in my stash and have just finished one called Heart Song. I am waiting to go an have the first of my cataracts removed and therefore sight is not what it should be. I know I have made a couple of small mistakes but I cannot find where and overall it looks fine, though after my op it may be in the bin and ready to start again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful stitch - your fabric choice is perfect! I prefer the stiff linens too, I have struggled with Weeks in the past as it's a loose weave. Hope you will share with us again once it's framed.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, this is such a fantastic piece! You've worked your magic on this, as usual!
ReplyDeleteLove the Glad Tidings. Like you, I prefer the stiffer fabrics as opposed to those of WDW. Love the color too. Great project. Happy stitching..............
ReplyDeleteWow, Andrea, what a gorgeous project! I think I'm going to have to get this design!
ReplyDeleteziet er heel mooi uit, prachtig geborduurd
ReplyDeleteOh, what a beauty!! Absolutely love this DT finish, Andrea... It looks so wonderful on that linen, too. Another chart to add to my "must stitch" list :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty and your stitching is beautiful!
ReplyDelete