3 June 2017

Back From The Framers

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I did promise you I would post about my framed pieces once I went to collect them. Now normally I am jumping for joy and whilst the framing is exceptional as always, I'm not happy with some of my colour choices.
 
-oOo-
 
Winter Plaid ... I'm really not sure about this one. I have tried to take a photo to get the colours correct but it might be to the detriment of the quality. I always think of red and green as Christmas colours and this piece I think is more Winter. Yes ... there is red and green in the piece but ... I don't know if I would of been better having a brown inner and a lighter colour outer ... it's just not working for me. By the way, love the frame.

 
Winter Plaid - Little House Needleworks.
 
-oOo-
 
Love Letters ... Again, not 100% sure. Sometimes I'll look and think "yes it's OK" and then I'll look again and think "I don't know". The plum coloured inner mount is a perfect match to the stitching, as is the green but I don't know if it makes the piece look "dark". Again I'm thinking a lighter mauve or pink outer mount might of been better, but then would it look all too pinky. This one will have to go back whatever as there is a tiny hair near the "g" which I didn't spot in the shop. Although it's really tiny I know it's there! The frame is lovely, more of a red wood colour on this one.

 
Love Letters - The Drawn Thread.
 
-oOo-
 
Good Tidings ... I'm so pleased with this one. I'd heard someone on Flosstube, Julie from Reflections Framing in the USA, say about Permin linen being a bit trickier as it didn't have so much give in it as opposed to a Zweigart. This was the first one I'd had framed which had used Permin, so I was crossing my fingers ... but I need not of worried ... it's perfect. I shall look forward to finding a prominent place for this at Christmas.
 

 
Good Tidings - The Drawn Thread.
 
-oOo-
 
The Little Birds Sampler ... What can I say, I love, love, love this. Everything about it, the frame, the mount colours, just what I had hoped for. It's already on the wall.
 

 
The Little Birds Sampler - The Drawn Thread.
 
-oOo-
 
So that's that. So until next time .......

21 comments:

  1. Andrea, I think all the finishes / framed pieces are wonderful. For me there is no greater thrill than seeing a newly framed piece for the 1st time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean about not being sure when you have something framed. Sometimes I know exactly what I want, and it is perfect. Other times I am not sure wha tot have and have expert help from the framer who is good with colour, but still, because the outcome is not planned i am not sure at all. Sometimes they grow on me, other times I just know I made mistake. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you are saying about the WINTER piece. Try putting it in a grouping with Merry Christmas and see if it comes alive. I think it could go either way but if you had it out at holidays with greenery, pine cones etc no it would blend right in with the other one. They all look lovely framed. The little birds sampler is my favorite. Great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think that they all look beautiful. I understand your concerns with the first house looking too Christmasy, but I think you have a woodsy look going on with the framing. I think Love Letters might look too washed out with lighter matting. I think it is just right. Merry Christmas is gorgeous by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful, stitching and framing. Sorry your not pleased with some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all just beautiful. I know how much framing costs so I would return the one with the little hair too. The first one could stay up all winter if it were in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look beautiful to me! Of course, the hair has to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they are all pretty anyway.
    Love, love, love the Little Birds sampler!
    Great job on all.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andea, I think you are overthinking your choices, they all look lovely! Beautiful stitching and framing. I love them all!! Your walls are going to be stunning at Christmas! mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finishes all of them. I really like the finished and framed pieces. I think my favorite is "Good Tidings". --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry that the first two didn't turn out as you had imagined them.
    But I have to say that I think they all look very beautiful but Little Birds would be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I think they are all beautiful, wonderful stitching and the framing is beautiful .

    Is it the colour of the inside border you don't like in the frame ?
    If you really don't like it, what about having a little bit of the outer frame cut away to show more of the two colours.
    I myself think they are beautiful, but if you are not happy you could try this it would not cost to much just to cut a small part of the board away . Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look fab!!
    I love seeing them once framed, it always totally change the feel of the design... for the best, in my eyes!
    Now up on the walls for all to admire :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your framer did a great job. I love the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea they all look quite beautiful to me. I especially LOVE The Little Birds Sampler...a gorgeous stitch and the perfect colors with the mats. I think you have some lovely framed pieces. RJ @stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an exciting day that must have been when you picked these beauties up, Andrea! I do hope the first one grows on you. If not, perhaps you could change out the mats fairly easily? Maybe a shade of the grays in the house for the outer mat?

    The Little Birds is fabulous in every way--I just love everything about it. Good for you for framing your things so quickly. I am the worst about letting my larger finishes languish in drawers...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andrea, they are all just gorgeous. What treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! I love each of the pieces you had framed!! They are absolutely gorgeous! But, if you are not happy, the suggestion to change the mats is a good one. You have some really beautiful pieces for your place! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Andrea, your framed pieces really are beautiful. I've looked at them over and over and I really think they work. I do like Winter Plaid with those colours. It's both wintery and Christmassy and Good a Tidings really does look stunning. I must say, I also like Love Letters. I wasn't so sure at first but it grew on me...haha! I'm not surprised The Little Birds Sampler is already on the wall. It's gorgeous. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.