11 November 2017

A Feast of Finishes

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I seriously need to catch up with a few finishes, both FFOs and stitching finishes. So you had better grab a cuppa of choice and we will get going.

First today is a FFO that I had stitched back in June. This is Bloom Where You're Planted by Brenda Gervais. Oh it's a beautiful design. I knew how I wanted to finish it, it was just the fact I didn't know where I was going to buy the chenille trim from. I had bought some in the past from the USA and got stung for the customs, so I really wanted some from Europe. I had tried someone but after initially getting back to me saying she would have a look and reply again, I never heard anything. So I had bought from Casa Cenina before and I was looking for a Drawn Thread chart (one of the ONS shops I use doesn't have) so I had a look and then wondered if they did trims. Well of course they do most things. I ordered the chart and a couple of the chenille trims just to see what they were like. They were waiting for stock over various length of days, so I was waiting 21 days, but then they are so quick to despatch and it didn't take long to arrive. I chose a red and a tea-dyed colour. To say I was overjoyed was an understatement. This particular trim is by Dames of the Needle and is a bit thinner than the other USA ones which was Lady Dot. I was jumping for joy with the finish, it's great when things turn out like you imagine them.


Bloom Where You're Planted - With Thy Needle and Thread - Brenda Gervais.
40ct Flax Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended Weeks Dye Works, Gentle Arts Sampler Threads and Valdini threads.

 
 
-oOo-
 
Harvest Bird from Plum Street Samplers was an Autumn piece that I showed a few posts ago. I needed to get it complete before Autumn was over! Again trims caused me a few headaches but I finally settled on some ric-rac. I have used this sort of trimming before but I remember couching over it to sew it on. This time I just went through each bump to lay it flat to the piece. Turned out pretty neat.
 
 
Harvest Bird - Goodness & Plenty - A Trio of Stitched Blessings.
Plum Street Samplers.
36ct R&R Stars Hollow.
Used recommended Classic Colorworks or DMC threads.


 
-oOo-
 
On that previous post I did also allude to a Drawn Thread piece that I was working on. I now have a finish and I did change something. The leaves to the right of the robin on the sampler chart where just charted for one colour. That didn't seem to sit right with me as the majority of the other leaves were two colours. On the pocket chart it was charted for two colours so I followed that one for that section. As with most charts with initials I had to juggle things about. Designers ...please not everyone had 3 initials to their name ... put an alternative. I had to add another blue motif to the other side. AT least it works and doesn't look out of place. I hope you can tell that the sheep is stitched in GAST Simply Wool. It does give a lovely texture to the piece. I'm thinking of finishing as a bellpull so that people can see and feel the texture.
 




 
The Pastoral (Sampler) - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Permin/Wichelt Amber Linen.
Used recommended NPI and Dinky Dye Silks.
Sheep stitched in Gentle Arts Sampler Thread - Simply Wool - Oatmeal.
 
-oOo-
 
I'm not really a "I have to have that chart" sort of person. I might think I would really like to stitch that and get it as and when. If it's not available when I can get it then it wasn't meant to be. But, I had to have this chart. When I saw it one of my go to ONS it was out of stock on the 'new' list. So I presumed she was waiting for the new stock. I kept looking and looking and finally it was in stock. It is my first Rosewood Manor chart and some of her charts are beautiful but this one ... it's just stunning to me. I'm looking at next year as it uses overdyed threads so I need to stock up but it is charted for 30ct Parchment Weeks Dye Works linen. I'm not a fan so I'm mulling over various options, I would of course like to use a higher count fabric but that is as far as I have got. Plenty of time ..... I hope you are suitably enabled. LOL.
 
 
-oOo-
 
That's it from me today. Christmas RAKs have gone in the post this morning. Shouldn't be too long before I can reveal what I stitched.
 
Until next time .......

21 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea! Soooooooo pretty! The flowers on the Pastoral Sampler are just so wonderful.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, your finished finishes are lovely as is the Drawn Thread piece that you just finished. I look forward to seeing your progress on the RM piece. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all so beautiful Andrea and I really like the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andrea,
    you are very busy. The finishes are so wonderful. I like the Sampler.
    Your new projekt looks great. Happy Stitching.
    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful assortment of beautiful projects! Each one shows your great attention to detail. I am just starting a bunch of finishing that has languished a long while... Little by little! Sorry that you have such a difficult time obtaining some of the finishing items, like chenille. It is awful to have to wait for stuff when you are ready right now to finish!! But you persevered and Bloom and Harvest Blessings are so nicely done! And the Drawn Thread Pastoral Sampler shows such great work in it--love it! I have been feeling a 'tug' to do another large project of late... all that temptation from seeing great charts like your Rosewood Manor Parchement Tapestry. Look forward to seeing progress on it in future posts. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea there is so much to love. I think your trim choices are wonderful and look perfect. I love the Bloom stitch and your photos really do it justice. The bird stitch looks awesome with the rick rack. I really love the Drawn Thread piece...it is so pretty. And I'm anxious to see what you do with the
    RM piece. I know it is going to be one to cherish. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

  7. Wonderful finish on all.
    Your work stitching and finish is always so neat .
    Beautiful designs .
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea, your finishes looks so gorgeous, and i love your new projekt. It looks great.
    Greetings, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  9. The two little pillows are just adorable. And I love the way how you finished them with the different trimmings. Ordering from non-European countries has also become a no go for me because of my customs office. Fortunately there are also online stores in Europe where I can get what I need.
    Your new DT finish looks awesome, a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I particularly like the Drawn Thread design, the colours are fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely finishes! It was definitely worth waiting for the perfect chenille! I love the way you applied the rick-rack too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sampler is beautiful and the pillow finishes are just perfect. Your finishing is beyond lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finishes.
    Bloom is in my 'to do" pile. :)
    The DT is gorgeous with all of it's texture.
    Love the sheep!
    Congrats on some beautiful finishes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, your post is filled with so many beautiful projects. I love the Bloom piece, it is gorgeous. I have to add the Harvest bird to my must do list, I love the colors and you finished it beautifully. I really like how you added the rick rack so it laid flat. The colors on the Drawn Thread piece are so vibrant and your stitching is perfect!! Looking forward to seeing your Rosewood Manor. It's a beautiful chart. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea you never fail to delight ,I love your Bloom piece and well the pastoral is just gorgeous. I will look forward to seeing the Rosewood Manor piece in progress. I am trying to stitch some of the ever increasing pile of things I have ,then I am afraid I am one of those have to people and I just add more. Just have to live forever to get anywhere near stitching all of it. Keep well. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous gorgeous finishes! I love the Bloom pillow and you were right to hunt down that chenille trim as it's perfect!
    Lovely colours in your sampler and as a fellow two initial stitcher I echo your plea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always something lovely to see when I visit with you Andrea, the new sampler is beautiful but I have to say the Drawn Thread finish is stunning, such pretty colours in that one.
    Pretty pillow finishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some lovely finishes Andrea - you had clear plans in your head that were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful finishings !!! The pastoral is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.