2 April 2018

Monthly Ornament SAL - April

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Being on leave for Easter and the dismal weather is a good recipe for getting some extra stitching and finishing done. The design for my April monthly ornament is from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Magazine Issue 2016 and is another that is called Snow Day. I wonder what the record is for charts that are named the same? This particular one is by [square.ology]. It didn't look complicated when I started it but having to rotate the chart 90° every time sure did put a strain on the old grey matter. It was only when I realised that part of the second sledge was on the left hand side of the chart that it all made sense. Anyway I used the recommended DMC and Weeks Dye Works threads except I used DMC 3865 and DMC 414 for the skates.

 
 
Snow Day - [square.ology].
32ct Vintage Blue Belfast.
Used recommended DMC or WDW threads except changed the ice-skate to DMC3865 and DMC 414.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2016.
 
-oOo-
 
Please go check out the other participants ........
 
CarolS -  Carols XS Blog
 
Until next time ........

21 comments:

  1. Love this one Andrea, wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice new little ornament, I really like Finsih.
    I hope you had a nice Easter.
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...it looks deceptively simple but I'm sure it wasn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute ornament.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That is a nice bright one! Will look great on the tree! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable and on my to do list. I like the way you have finished it off Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An April finish so early in the month... gold star for you Andrea, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Snow Day ornament is adorable. I love everything about it. Well done on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright red cording and bow that you've used to accent the sled color, Andrea. And you know I love a round ornament, too--perfect addition to your tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely ornament. I can imagine it might be a bit confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this on Pam & Steff floss tube, yours came out so great. Not enough hours in a day for cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sled ornament to just so cute. I’ve done a couple of the Square ology patterns and yes, you get all turned around with rotating the pattern. The ornament looks so cheerful. Very nice finish

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really stay on track with your monthly ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little sleds are so cute! I like the colors, and your finishing is always perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very cute ornament although I can see why it might be a pain to stitch

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.